• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Associate
Is there a release time known?
Yeah only because people don't have any other choice.... Good price and "sod it I don't have a choice if I want a GPU I'll have to pay it" are two different things.

Too many people don't see the third option that most people have - don't buy a new GPU just yet.

Soldato
You hit the nail on the head.

Can you imagine when Nvidia launched Ampere,and everyone laughed at them being on the inferior Samsung 8NM process,and AMD being on 7NM would win?

Looks like Nvidia again turned a "misstep" into gold. AMD managed to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It seems like AMD cares more about supplying OEMs,semi-custom,etc than retail parts sales. After all they have just committed to comsole number 3!

Soldato
It's performance is also held back by another 5% for those who are not running PCIe gen 4.0 since it only runs in x8 mode and I'd imagine most people looking to get this card aren't.

Associate
I'm running Intel UHD630 and have been for the past year and a bit. I don't have a choice..............
Play 2D games!
I have plenty of games in my backlog which works fine without much GPU grunt some of them aren't even that old.
Or since you've already waited over year you could risk waiting longer as prices have recently slowly gone down

Man of Honour
Play 2D games!
I have plenty of games in my backlog which works fine without much GPU grunt some of them aren't even that old.
Or since you've already waited over year you could risk waiting longer as prices have recently slowly gone down
I've gamed on uhd 630 so I give him a pass, but these are still going to be double what they should be :o

Soldato
I'm running Intel UHD630 and have been for the past year and a bit. I don't have a choice..............
Play 2D games!
Absolutely this, I'm using the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 from a 2500K that's over 10-years old and I'm currently playing Raid: Shadow Legends without any issues, over 56 million people play it world wide everyday on phone or PC.

Choplifter HD is also another good 2D game that plays well on basic onboard graphics >> https://store.steampowered.com/app/202070/Choplifter_HD/

pSdbEsI.png

Associate
Absolutely this, I'm using the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 from a 2500K that's over 10-years old and I'm currently playing Raid: Shadow Legends without any issues, over 56 million people play it world wide on phone or PC.

Choplifter HD is also another good 2D game that plays well on basic onboard graphics >> https://store.steampowered.com/app/202070/Choplifter_HD/

pSdbEsI.png

Jagged Alliance 2 (cheap on gog) and Warzone 2100 (free) are excellent titles that pretty much any iGPU can play. Some of 20th century's finest refined further by the community.

Back
Top Bottom