• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6600XT review thread

Associate
Consoles rely on the fact you are tied into the market ecosystem. Buy an xbox, you buy xbox games. Microsoft takes a cut of these games to get back some of the R&D costs.
I wasn't talking about Microsoft's or Sony's R&D. AMD were the ones who apparently because MS/Sony prepaid for R&D were not only willing to take low margins but also left themselves without any wafers for far higher margin products.

Soldato
Soldato
I dread to think what next-gen GPUS are going to cost. I was fortunate and picked up the 3060Ti FE. Would have got a 6800XT if they were priced closer to MSRP. This card is a joke.
only because folk are paying the prices, so if those who bought this gen at stupid prices moan at next gen prices, we should have the right slap them with wet fish,as its their fault as they paid the silly prices:D

Associate
Class leading perf/watt means that it should be a mobile gpu
If it wasn't so overpriced, I would be interesting in taking it and seeing what down clocking and undervolting could do. Under 100W should be possible with losing maybe 5% to 10% performance.
Guess the same could apply to the 6700 XT

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
only because folk are paying the prices, so if those who bought this gen at stupid prices moan at next gen prices, we should have the right slap them with wet fish,as its their fault as they paid the silly prices:D

Yeah we did point this out particularly the 2080Ti where ripostes of 'its my money!!!' were slung back. The time for the consumer to club together and abstain passed in september 2018...

Soldato
If it wasn't so overpriced, I would be interesting in taking it and seeing what down clocking and undervolting could do. Under 100W should be possible with losing maybe 5% to 10% performance.
Guess the same could apply to the 6700 XT

The 6700XT if they glued it at £399 would have been a hard card to pass up on. Still on the high side considering the 6800 was meant to be around £500.

Soldato
Yeah we did point this out particularly the 2080Ti where ripostes of 'its my money!!!' were slung back. The time for the consumer to club together and abstain passed in september 2018...
gamers cant resist, the majority wouldnt even notice the fps difference but they just have to have a new gpu,oh boy i cant wait till next gen to see the prices gamers will fork out, 2 grand nvidia/amd? take my money for a 1% increase in my fps:cry::cry:

Soldato
gamers cant resist, the majority wouldnt even notice the fps difference but they just have to have a new gpu,oh boy i cant wait till next gen to see the prices gamers will fork out, 2 grand nvidia/amd? take my money for a 1% increase in my fps:cry::cry:

It has boomed out of nowhere. I been asked a lot lately from family contacts about building rigs for their offspring. When I asked "but Jimmy was a console nut no?" they say "no he want a gaming pc now, all his mates are on that". Explains the epidemic.

I now reply to everyone with "there is no cheap gaming pc!!!!"

Soldato
That mining ppw is actually incredible. Not necessarily that useful for mining operations but cool to see. In fact just seeing the PPW in general makes me wish I could buy a really compact NUC with it, sorta like how the asrock mini ones were with the APUs.

ASRock_car_678x452.jpg

or custom stx..

y8Kl9rk.jpeg

Soldato
OP
Yeah as you put it the performance isnt that naff for certain uses, in a SFF case very handy, media server etc.

I have my RTX3060TI in a 12.7 litre NCase M1,and because AMD refuses to sell the reference models here,the RX6600XT GPUs we get are less efficient AIB models! :(

Even for a SFF system,I don't see the point over an RTX3060TI FE.

Too many are Whales,so that is why Twitch Streamers can troll them selling their bath water,and getting tons of money off them.

Soldato
I'll just leave this here :-

s5hr3xd.png

The card is 8x only at PCIE 4.0 or less, was tested at PCIE 3.0 8x. So maybe new games will behave this way too, some don't but clearly this game is very unhappy and can run on a speak & spell as it's not really that demanding.

Reality now is most people wanting to buy this card will be on older PCIE 3.0 platforms and budget gamers.

Now coming to this test, yes I know not a 4k card, but shows how the card behaves even compared to the older gen, it is half the speed of the last gen same card.

m9APcuz.png

BUT remember AMD will be 3x faster with their 7900xt compared to a 6900xt...:rolleyes::cry: reality of AMD graphics section right there and the silly pricing to come next gen too, but but AMD will save us gamers in 2020-2021, now they cry Intel will save us in 2022-2023 (reality time Intel will be very expensive and utter rubbish gpus, maybe in 5 years, who knows) ..

Seriously the gpu market is a mess and will be for many years to come due to high costs to even make these chips now and the node shrink costs. Sad days seeing a so called $380 fake msrp (really $500+ and asus & better AIB version $750+, so really double street price for 1080p:cry:) 1080p card that is really worse than its last gen at higher resolutions and compared to same card last gen it is no more than 20% faster and over 20% more expensive so in 2 years nothing has changed for price to performance at the fake MSRP.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It surely wasnt an overnight thing, but maybe I was detached from it all to notice the subtle shift into bath water gen.

Now everyone wants their own media channel, streaming platform, subscriber base, 'content' its got past that tipping point where the phrase goes "too many chiefs and not enough indians".

Lots of people on Twitch who throw money at the Lady streamers,thinking they will be their girlfriend,and getting angry when they won't(and never indicated they would be either!). They call them Twitch Thots in a derogative way,but the last laugh is on them. One of them just trolled people selling bathwater and it sold,so basically anything will sell to "gamerz" nowadays. Its like children who never grew up,but are adults.

Soldato
I have my RTX3060TI in a 12.7 litre NCase M1,and because AMD refuses to sell the reference models here,the RX6600XT GPUs we get are less efficient AIB models! :(

Even for a SFF system,I don't see the point over an RTX3060TI FE.

Too many are Whales,so that is why Twitch Streamers can troll them selling their bath water,and getting tons of money off them.

You have heard of the company called Digital River? They have the exclusive contract for distributing AMD parts. So now that is established, so pester the **** out of Digital River and stop blaming AMD. Its almost as if your name should be CAT-THE-SHILL

Soldato
OP
You have heard of the company called Digital River? They have the exclusive contract for distributing AMD parts. So now that is established, so pester the **** out of Digital River and stop blaming AMD. Its almost as if your name should be CAT-THE-SHILL

Who asked AMD to use them then?? AMD can then choose another company - you are just endlessly defending AMD.

Considering people used to call me out for defending AMD before,now apparently I am an Nvidia fanboi! Apparently I am an AMD-Intel-Nvidia shill. Just wind it in - fans of these companies have accused me of being "pro" AMD/Intel/Nvidia at various times.

I have probably pushed more business to AMD then you would imagine,considering the amount of people I have helped. But unlike you I have not forgotten the times,AMD/ATI also were just as bad as Intel/Nvidia too. You are in denial - AMD has become what Intel/Nvidia were criticised for,and I knew it would happen.

I am pro value for money,that's it. I will criticise AMD as much as I have criticised Intel/Nvidia. If AMD want's to one-up then,then great,but I am not going to act like a hypocrite either.

I say it like it is. Nvidia CHOSE to partner with a UK BASED retailer to sell its RRP FE GPUs. These are made for Nvidia and shipped to its retail partners. So despite Brexit,Nvidia thought the UK was an IMPORTANT market,and worked with its partners to make sure there were UK based stock drops. The price has not changed for the FE drops even after Brexit.

We get more FE stock drops than many other countries such as Australia/NZ for example.

AMD OTH,can't be arsed to work with UK based retailers in a similar way and we are one of the biggest markets in Europe. They farmed it out to Digital River,and could have chosen to find a UK based retailer(like OcUK) to stock some reference GPUs. They could have worked it out with Digital River. But they didn't.

So don't blame the AMD partner if they are not setup for third countries,blame AMD for not actually trying to find ways to push reference GPUs to the UK. Otherwise how do they manage to ship review samples here? ;)

But unlike Nvidia,AMD clearly does not give a damn about the UK for the reference models. I doubt they even have noticed it.

People on Reddit have made posts about it for months,and AMD has reps on there. Just silence.

But as they are gamers and entitled to the gaming branded goodies.. toys are thrown out of the pram when the goodies are not in stock!!

No,no don't criticise these multi-billion foreign companies,which don't contribute much in jobs/tax revenue to the UK economy. That is UNFAIR!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
The 6700XT if they glued it at £399 would have been a hard card to pass up on. Still on the high side considering the 6800 was meant to be around £500.

But how do you know how much the 6700XT was 'meant' to be??? It's price was set during GPU crises when prices are high.
The 6800 was set when prices were low.

Back
Top Bottom