• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
The steady recovery in stock availability and pricing is continuing on the same slow path it has been.

Still some time to go, but still pointing in the right direction, ever so slightly.

Soldato
Wow... my cousin's 3080's coil whine is so much louder than mine. Time for some undervolting to bring the noise down.

undervolting hasnt done much for my coil whine I dont want to undervolt to the point where it performs lower than stock performance I have played with undervolting while beating stock performance which is what I want

I have let it run heaven benchmark on loop for good few hours hoping it can reduce or fix the coil whine I think it might have improved or it could just be me getting used to it and setting the case fan curves again on Red dead 2 the coil whine seems to be the worst , not sure what to do will decide after 10 days or so worried if I return they will say its normal and return it back and how difficult it is to come by these not keen on refund

Soldato
Well, I finally got off my arse and installed it :p

cJRRV2P.jpg

Pros:

1 Whisper quiet
2 Not the slightest hint of Coil Whine
3 Just looks a nice premium quality piece of kit

Cons:

1 As expected, Not a mind blowing performance upgrade over my 2080.
2 I'm missing the USB-C socket on my 2080 :( (It was really handy for plugging my phone in to)
3 Really, really don't like the centre power inputs.

Associate
undervolting hasnt done much for my coil whine I dont want to undervolt to the point where it performs lower than stock performance I have played with undervolting while beating stock performance which is what I want

I have let it run heaven benchmark on loop for good few hours hoping it can reduce or fix the coil whine I think it might have improved or it could just be me getting used to it and setting the case fan curves again on Red dead 2 the coil whine seems to be the worst , not sure what to do will decide after 10 days or so worried if I return they will say its normal and return it back and how difficult it is to come by these not keen on refund
We have gone for 1,850MHz at 850mV.

Performance is equal or better than stock settings.

Reduced coil whine noise (not completely gone but much better). To be honest the coil whine noise is covered up by the ramping up of the case fans during gaming, so not a big issue.

Soldato
Happy with my temps now with the 3080ti.
Under stress get : GPU 60-65, Hot spot 70-75, depending on game Memory is 80-90.
Undervolt but better than stock performance.

Fan curve helped drop around 6 degrees across the board.

Soldato
We have gone for 1,850MHz at 850mV.

Performance is equal or better than stock settings.

Reduced coil whine noise (not completely gone but much better). To be honest the coil whine noise is covered up by the ramping up of the case fans during gaming, so not a big issue.

pretty sure I tried 1,850MHz at 850mV was giving lower scores than stock and I ran quite a few difference benchmark tools and games will try again

Associate
i dont know if I would trust them someone else posted burnt connections using that place, seen few people who have burnt the connection using custom really difficult to find reputable company that does custom sleeved cables
You could always get a CableMod cable, thats what I got but they are way more expensive when you factor in the shipping.

Soldato
You could always get a CableMod cable, thats what I got but they are way more expensive when you factor in the shipping.

I did look into them You must have an order with a minimum of 69,90€ to place your order, your current order total is 46,90€
seems excessive just for 1 cable shame cant buy it through retailers

Last edited:
Soldato
Does coil whine naturally reduce over time?
I have owned plenty of cards with varying degrees of coil whine. I cannot remember owning one that got quieter with age.

The only solution that worked for me (every time) was limiting the FPS to a rate equal to / or just-over my monitors native refresh-rate (60Hz, 144Hz etc). This either greatly-reduced or removed the whine altogether.

Soldato
I have owned plenty of cards with varying degrees of coil whine. I cannot remember owning one that got quieter with age.

The only solution that worked for me (every time) was limiting the FPS to a rate equal to / or just-over my monitors native refresh-rate (60Hz, 144Hz etc). This either greatly-reduced or removed the whine altogether.
Same for me. I've never had it go away with use, despite the various "tricks" people suggest (like running Heaven overnight or something). I own a couple of cards that are getting on for a decade old and still have coil whine, so if it's not gone away after ten years of usage, I'd say it's probably never going to.

Associate
My 3070 has a small amount of whine only in the loading screen in one game sounds a bit like a high pitched dial up modem but don't get any while gaming, also noticed if you change the power management mode from normal to prefer maximum performance the card doesn't downclock and the fans run at 1000 rpm at idle

Soldato

Thank you for that nugget of information. I will bear it in mind in case I come across the coil whine issue.

Back
Top Bottom