What is the most you have spent on a game?

Soldato
Fallout 4 + Season pass was about 80 quid I think?

Same for me, never played any of the DLCs.

Overall is probably ESO, between the base game, couple of DLCs and ESO+ membership I must have easily spent £400+. Think I had ESO+ subscription running for almost a year after I stopped playing.

Soldato
In a single purchase, Fable 3 collectors edition. I learnt my lesson big time on that one, I think RRP was around 150 squids at the time?

In terms of ongoing, WoW for sure... Thousands of squids.

Soldato
I didn't realise there was already a thread on this question, sorry OP.

After I wrote my opening post on the other thread I was thinking, I have paid for DLC's, and even paid for friends DLC's too. The only subscription I've had though as been to PSN.

Some games these days I purposely don't play if they are designed to be a cash cow.

Associate
possibly EQ1 since I played for 7 years - so 7 x 12 x 12.99 month sub + all the xpac till Gates of Discord

Also games like Civ 6 and especially the Paradox games (City : Skylines etc) - the DLC costs on those soon add up (mind you I probably have more than my moneys worth on those)

I just balance it against other entertainments - for say £20 for example I could

Buy maybe 2 movies on bluray - maybe 4 hours entertainment
Go to the Cinema - probably 2 hours entertainment
Go to the pub - maybe 5 pints and a few hours entertainment
Go see a band - couple of hours
or
Buy something like No man's Sky - (well over 100 hours played at this point)

Associate
Half Life:Alyx - £919.

Before that probably the original Guild Wars - all the games, expansion and additional character / storage slots over the years. I imagine that was in the region of £200 so not really that bad for the 5,000 hours played.

Associate
North of £2000 on a game that was free - APB Reloaded, don't even regret it was worth every penny with the entertainment I got out of it

Soldato
Absolutely World of Warcraft, played on and off since vanilla beta, so probably thousands of pounds in subscription charges.

I've never bought anything from their store though, they can shove that right up their backsides.

Associate
I bought all the DLC for Halo 3 and COD 4, I did buy the packs for COD WaW for zombies, think that was £8 x3. But after that my DLC purchases were mostly done.

My biggest purchase was a Halo box at about £400. It was only bought for playing MCC, worst console i've ever used, and MCC took 2yrs to be fixed, followed by another 2yrs to get working acceptably. Not sad about the money, only sad that the Halo community got majorly let down.

Ouch.

Yeah I've spent a fair few quid on Fifa over the last 3 years. Probably in the region of £10k over the last three years, I've never counted.

In an attempt to avoid some of the criticism I'm likely to face - this all disposable income, I can afford it, I play a lot of Fifa (usually 4k games a year) and being older now its not like I'm dropping 200 quid on nights out.
what is in fifa that could cost 10K over the years? i've not played fifa since like 98, and cant imagine any micro transactions they could add

Back
Top Bottom