What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I really like the Blue, had my eye on the GMT for a while but something about the BB58 blue is drawing me in :D
Good choice, I can safely say I’m glad I went with blue. Definitely the better colour. Although.. I have been tempted by the black, but do I really need two BB58? :cry:

Associate
I don’t think its worth it but then I don’t like their black version, if you really do like it and will wear both and can afford it easily then why not!

Soldato
I got it off a guy of Instagram via ebay. He makes some great mods. You can always just send him a message on what you are after. https://www.instagram.com/time_designs_mods/
The quality of his work is just brilliant.
That looks really smart. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of this style of watch as I don't like the thick bezels but this particular one has changed my mind! What did you get done here?

Soldato
That looks really smart. I'm not the worlds biggest fan of this style of watch as I don't like the thick bezels but this particular one has changed my mind! What did you get done here?

It is just how he built it, I did not spec it. I just loved it when I saw it and bought it. The specs are as follows.

Rose gold custom built watch with Seiko sumo black/grey sunburst dial and SKX007 rose gold case.

Seiko NH36 automatic movement with Hacking and hand winding. Ceramic root beer insert.

This is a brand new build made with high quality parts, which I have professionally built.

Case - Brand new SKX007 rose gold case with rose gold caseback. Approx 42.5mm diameter without the crown, 13.5mm thick and lug width is 22mm.

Movement - Seiko NH36 Automatic Movement, 24 jewels 21,600 BPH, Hacking and hand winding.

Bezel - Unidirectional rotating rose gold bezel with a ceramic root beer insert.

Crystal - Scratch resistant double dome Sapphire glass.

Dial - Seiko black and grey marine master sunburst dial with raised white indicies.

Hands - Rose gold marine master hands, red tip on second hand.

Crown - S signed rose gold screw down crown.

Strap - Fitted curved end black rubber strap, with rose gold buckle.

Soldato
Still really enjoying my Speedmaster after 3 months of ownership, still feels like the grail has been fore filled!

I swapped out the bracelet for the black Omega branded nato, which was included in the big box - It's amazing how this instantly changes the look. It's like a different watch on the wrist now. One of the spring bars pinged off somewhere after removing the bracelet, made use of one of the 4 spares in the big box. I haven't looked up yet how much Omega charge for spring bars yet..

As the for the Omega nato, it's without doubt the highest quality nato strap I've tried on. Extremely comfortable and hardly notice it is on the wrist. It just about fits my 7.5" wrists by the strap being barely able to loop back in to the keeper. I wouldn't mind getting another Omega nato, it feels great and the branding touches are nice, but when they want £140.. it all becomes a bit silly! I'll see how long well this one lasts. If it starts fraying within the next couple of months, I'll be reaching out to Omega / the AD.

Pics!

COfgP3T.jpg

wO2e1nT.jpg

Associate
Speedys are true strap monsters and that looks great.
I keep looking at them in shops but I think it's one watch that I prefer in photos.

A nato can really change a watch. It's completely changed how I feel about my anOrdain.

Associate
It is just how he built it, I did not spec it. I just loved it when I saw it and bought it. The specs are as follows.

Rose gold custom built watch with Seiko sumo black/grey sunburst dial and SKX007 rose gold case.

Seiko NH36 automatic movement with Hacking and hand winding. Ceramic root beer insert.

This is a brand new build made with high quality parts, which I have professionally built.

Case - Brand new SKX007 rose gold case with rose gold caseback. Approx 42.5mm diameter without the crown, 13.5mm thick and lug width is 22mm.

Movement - Seiko NH36 Automatic Movement, 24 jewels 21,600 BPH, Hacking and hand winding.

Bezel - Unidirectional rotating rose gold bezel with a ceramic root beer insert.

Crystal - Scratch resistant double dome Sapphire glass.

Dial - Seiko black and grey marine master sunburst dial with raised white indicies.

Hands - Rose gold marine master hands, red tip on second hand.

Crown - S signed rose gold screw down crown.

Strap - Fitted curved end black rubber strap, with rose gold buckle.

I love the fact that a lot of the custom "Seiko" watches he sells the only thing Seiko made is the movement.

Soldato
Still really enjoying my Speedmaster after 3 months of ownership, still feels like the grail has been fore filled!

I swapped out the bracelet for the black Omega branded nato, which was included in the big box - It's amazing how this instantly changes the look. It's like a different watch on the wrist now. One of the spring bars pinged off somewhere after removing the bracelet, made use of one of the 4 spares in the big box. I haven't looked up yet how much Omega charge for spring bars yet..

As the for the Omega nato, it's without doubt the highest quality nato strap I've tried on. Extremely comfortable and hardly notice it is on the wrist. It just about fits my 7.5" wrists by the strap being barely able to loop back in to the keeper. I wouldn't mind getting another Omega nato, it feels great and the branding touches are nice, but when they want £140.. it all becomes a bit silly! I'll see how long well this one lasts. If it starts fraying within the next couple of months, I'll be reaching out to Omega / the AD.

Pics!

COfgP3T.jpg

wO2e1nT.jpg
Love it - I think the NATO has been a game changer for my enjoyment of this watch. I am quite tempted by a brown strap as well - open to any recommendations :D

Associate
Thats the point it's a mod and you can have as little or as much done as you want.
But is it a Seiko mod if the watch was never a Seiko to begin with? More a faiko mod :p
Not that I'm one to judge, I've been looking at putting together a knock-off Seiko 6105 together with parts from AliExpress after picking up a steeldive homage purely because I love the case shape.

Soldato
I know what you mean mate you can buy pretty much everything and chuck a seiko movement in it, loads of watch companies use the NH35 and 36 movements. Mine has a Seiko printed on the dial so it's a Seiko frankenstein to me lol.

Associate
I know what you mean mate you can buy pretty much everything and chuck a seiko movement in it, loads of watch companies use the NH35 and 36 movements. Mine has a Seiko printed on the dial so it's a Seiko frankenstein to me lol.
it's a great movement, two of these 3 use it and I can't fault it's value.
I7MQfFa.jpg
My cushion case collection.

Associate
I’ve been a bit ridiculous over this past year with watches, doing a bit of buying and selling, saving up and taking advantage of the odd 0% finance offer I’m pretty much set now for the foreseeable.

Current collection, few too many crowd pleasers and divers, and no real imagination, but I’m happy with it…

Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Moonwatch (Last Gen)
Omega Seamaster Profesional 300m (grey dial)
Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue (arriving tmoz)
Grand Seiko SBGN003 9F Quartz GMT (tried to sell this recently but I couldn’t bring myself to do it)
Oris Aquis Carysfort Reef LTD Edition (may sell this for the in-house Aquis but it looks great on the orange strap so going to hold off)
Seiko SPB149J1 40mm LTD Edition
Seiko King Turtle Dark Manta Ray
Seiko Turtle (black and gold dial)

Back
Top Bottom