What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Definitely more realistic, can't stand battlefield or world of tanks play.
In that case yeah I reckon it'll be a good fit, for multiplayer stuff you can look up the likes of OperatorDrewski on YouTube to find examples of what can be done when playing online co-op. Also has a very strong community around it as well as the mission editor. IIRC people also upload missions they've made onto Steam workshop so that you can play those if you don't want to have to create your own each time.

Soldato
In that case yeah I reckon it'll be a good fit, for multiplayer stuff you can look up the likes of OperatorDrewski on YouTube to find examples of what can be done when playing online co-op. Also has a very strong community around it as well as the mission editor. IIRC people also upload missions they've made onto Steam workshop so that you can play those if you don't want to have to create your own each time.

Will have a look into what you recommend, thanks.

Associate
dying light, didnt do one side quest on the main game or the dlc, just wanted too tick it off my backlog lol. Main story was pretty meh but I thought the dlc was really good the car was a great addition and the ending was fantastic compared too the **** main game one, also drop kicking zombies is amazing

Associate
Keep meaning to get into this mainly for tank/vehicle play is that side worth it?

Arma 3 Prairie Fire - So far during my brief play through, the vehicle combat is not good. The AI, even if you try to set coordinates to follow a road/track they will turn off and promptly get stuck in the Jungle. If you are battling in the open (still to test properly) I think it might be okay, its when there are lots of obstacles, the AI will go off and get stuck.

Still enjoying it though! There is an insane amount of tracer fire. Unlike Arma 3 where the enemy have armour so it takes 3-4 shots to kill, you can drop the enemy with one shot so you don't feel cheated. The weapons, sound, map and vehicles are awesome. You just have to have patience to work around the limitations of the AI, for example, play as a Platoon Leader and order the men to move, then it plays fine. I am really enjoying.

To me its a like playing toy soldiers and setting up silly missions. Tonight's plan is to try to emulate the gunboat scene in Apocalypse Now and then it will be onto rebuilding scenes from Rambo 2. :D

Associate
Rimworld - bought it on a whim the other month due to people saying it's the sort of game that you either buy, play once and never play again or it's one that you play hundreds of hours on.

Safe to say, i'm in the latter. Started my 1st game, 15min in had the "Presence behind a wall" message. So, what did I do? Dug out the wall to see what's behind (bad idea) - all colonists dead within the 1st 15min.

Soldato
Been playing Pathfinder - Kingmaker. A title that's been sat in my steam collection for ages and finally got it's first play. Wish I had played it sooner, really good rpg with some interesting managment mechanics thrown in. Certainly kept me busy over the past couple of weeks. Almost at the end now and heard a few days ago that there's a sequel coming around september ish so I will be getting that right away.
If you like a very good rpg then give it a whirl. £15.99 for the game + expansions on steam.

Here's the trailer for the sequel.

Soldato
Rimworld - bought it on a whim the other month due to people saying it's the sort of game that you either buy, play once and never play again or it's one that you play hundreds of hours on.

Safe to say, i'm in the latter. Started my 1st game, 15min in had the "Presence behind a wall" message. So, what did I do? Dug out the wall to see what's behind (bad idea) - all colonists dead within the 1st 15min.

The good old ancient danger! There's players out there that can beat that after just a short time with good strategy etc. Not me though! I wait till I'm heavily armed and armored.

Soldato
Escape from tarkov. Been playing it for 9 months straight, can’t get enough of it. The feeling you get when in a fire fight, killing a team, I’ve not felt that playing any other game.

Caporegime
After watching NoClips documentary on the Thief series recently this taffer is currently playing a heavy modded Thief Gold atm. Still one of the finest games ever crafted. :D

+1 Great games, amazing sound design.

-----

Currently playing another Doom 2 megawad (Reverie). Very well made maps, certainly makes you think as well as shoot.

Associate

This has been on my list as well.

I keep putting it off as it has a reputation for being a little daunting for a new starter and most likely puts people off. Did you just get stuck in or watch a tutorial?

@Kirkyl85 I still think Left for Dead games look really good today - brilliant games.

Associate
Just got Rimworld myself and really enjoying it. Lots to learn but can easily see me getting my ideal £1 per hour back from it :) Fanatical have it on sale, try GGDEALS10 for an extra 10% off as well as the 17%, may work and bring it down to £20

Soldato
Attila Total War - Western Roman Empire campaign. By far the hardest Total War game I've ever played. After a couple rage quits and restarts I finally managed to work a winning strategy and stabilised the Empire right up 433 when Attila showed up with a massive horde and curbbed stomped Italy and all my armies.

Associate
Police Stories. Fun little top down pixel-type game. 2 buddy cops (can play co op) storming warehouses and drug dens trying to take down the crims. Have to score certain amount of points to advance to the next level. If the crims pull a gun you can shoot, but to get good scores its best to try threaten them into letting you arrest them. Has fun stuff like flashbangs and stun guns.

Back
Top Bottom