• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1070>3070Ti

Associate
It is a noticeable upgrade so I am happy with it but it’s actually not the card I wanted to begin with.
I had 2 preorders in for the 3080 months ago but they got canceled with no availability, so I ended up with the 3070Ti after winning a shuffle for the right to buy a 3070Ti :p

Soldato
I had a 980 Ti and now 3070 Ti,

I fitted it and went to Geforce experience and it hunts for latest drivers and installed them.

You notice the difference but not on older titles at 1080p because the 980 Ti was already doing well at that.

Some games made a massive difference.

Such as Metro exodus enhanced, the 980 Ti was not compatible with it at all lol so it was a 100% upgrade in that case.

I also noticed that its way better at higher resolutions where the 980 Ti was really showing its age and i imagine the 1070 also.

You can play many older games at 4K with really good graphics setting with great frame rates and that is good to go back to old favouites and play them at their best

Soldato
OP
I have a Cooler master 700W 80 plus Bronze and did think this could handle it?

However, i've tried installing the 370Ti this morning and there is absolutely no power to it at all.

Stuck my 1070 back in and it's purring away. Any ideas?

i've tried both pce slots with my old card too and both work.

Soldato
OP
There isn't even a LED lit on the card when the 3070Ti is connected up, however if I put my 1070 back in everything lights up. Is the card dead?

I was thinking even if my psu isn't strong enough right now it should at least power the LED on the card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Starting to think I didn't tick all the boxes, looks like a quick google search is saying 750W + on gold rating, time to replace I think!

I have a 3070 Ti and I5-8600K running on a 650W Seasonic 80 plus gold.

that is a good PSU though, in tests Seasonic were shown to be very modest in their power rating while some other give flattering ratings

Soldato
I always uninstall the driver first and run DDU then install new card and drivers.

This is really not needed these days and in fact plenty of people have started reporting issues using DDU - all the nvidia drivers are included in a single package, so you should only need to update to the latest driver first, then do the swap and it will sort itself out

Back
Top Bottom