LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Permabanned
A 65/77inch nice size if you got the room for it go for it,:D bigger is always better than small for home cinema I love to have the 65inch but don't have the room. I Now need a RTX3090 but now the wife wants an OLED it's never ending spending money in the house:cry:

Ive got the 3090 powering the CX48 so the CX55 is for the PS5 but the front room, while being big enough, is a funny shape. Its more of a rectangle so the 65 may be the biggest I can go without it looking silly and sticking out of the space.

Associate
Interesting to see how people chose the size/usage of their oled.

I bought a 48 c1 as a living room movie screen and couch gaming TV with my old PC hidden behind the TV stand. It's a small room and 48" is about all I can do. I'm sitting about 5 foot away.

Upstairs I have a huge tower with a 3090 which is a gaming PC / renderbox. OLED wouldn't work as ABL would be an absolute no and I can have the same interface elements up for hours. It's connected to a mid range 43" monitor.

Maybe one day I can do everything with one setup.

Permabanned
Interesting to see how people chose the size/usage of their oled.

I bought a 48 c1 as a living room movie screen and couch gaming TV with my old PC hidden behind the TV stand. It's a small room and 48" is about all I can do. I'm sitting about 5 foot away.

Upstairs I have a huge tower with a 3090 which is a gaming PC / renderbox. OLED wouldn't work as ABL would be an absolute no and I can have the same interface elements up for hours. It's connected to a mid range 43" monitor.

Maybe one day I can do everything with one setup.

Thats what I dont understand though...3090 connected to a mid range monitor?

I get that ultimately it comes down to disposable cash but that is a lot of money to spend on a GPU and not match it with equipment of a similar quality.

Permabanned
That's one of the reasons I am getting a 48C1 as I am currently only using a ZR30w (2560x1600) 30 monitor with my 3090 FE, locked to Vsync at 60hz!!

Yeah you have so much more to play with there and its being wasted.

I hope people dont take that as being snobby its just that if we can afford spending £1500 on a GPU alone then it should be paired with something thats going to allow you to take advantage of what it can actually do. Otherwise its being wasted and theres no need for said £1500 GPU.

I do however get that for some it may be about FPS more than anything else but even then a 3090 is a waste.

Associate
Took delivery of a 48" C1 at the weekend. Hard to give an exact dimension as the front of the stand is in the way but it's about 195mm from rear most edge of stand to front of the screen, then there's the front bit of the stand to consider as well.

The other dimension I wanted but couldn't find was the width of the front part of the stand where it touches the table. It's about 750mm so it fits on my 800mm wide tv stand without an issue. They quote 820 I think which is the width at the junction between the tv and stand.
And what's the lenght of the rear stand?

Associate
Yeah you have so much more to play with there and its being wasted. I hope people dont take that as being snobby its just that if we can afford spending £1500 on a GPU alone then it should be paired with something thats going to allow you to take advantage of what it can actually do. Otherwise its being wasted and theres no need for said £1500 GPU. I do however get that for some it may be about FPS more than anything else but even then a 3090 is a waste.

Gaming on RTX 3080/90 card and DLSS turned on while connected to a 1080p Full HD monitor they won’t notice a difference, DLSS improves performance though from RTX in titles that support it, that's the only reason RTX is worth it the true gaming is 2160p so the truth is it's waste of money for a GPU @1080/1600/1440p gaming but it's there choice they lose out :) That's why when people ask me why buy a OLED for an old GTX1080TI gaming I say I rather have the best OLED monitor on the market than have a powerful GPU for only 1080p LCD gaming!

Ive got the 3090 powering the CX48 so the CX55 is for the PS5 but the front room, while being big enough, is a funny shape. Its more of a rectangle so the 65 may be the biggest I can go without it looking silly and sticking out of the space.

You might be right, if you go too big the screen wouldn't look the same, 77/85inch is great for just movies:)

Upstairs I have a huge tower

So what is a huge tower rig to you! the name please:)

Hehe as far as she is concerned it's a monitor not a TV!!
just keep telling her it's a monitor to keep the peace!:cry: OLED's don't last forever I think it's 100,000hours for new OLED and older ones it was 36,000hours that's what I read.:)

Last edited:
Associate
Thats what I dont understand though...3090 connected to a mid range monitor?

I get that ultimately it comes down to disposable cash but that is a lot of money to spend on a GPU and not match it with equipment of a similar quality.

Yup, philips 436M6. Wanted a reasonable quality 40-43" 16:9 4k non oled screen with some HDR capability and freesync. Not a lot of choice out there. Cost wasn't the major consideration. The 3090 gets more use for VR and rendering than gaming on a screen.

Permabanned
Thankfully the CX55 came today and the panel is flawless so Ive got it set up. Bought Sackboy to play with the little one but had a play around with the PS5 to get it set up properly with 4k/120hz and see what its like. Its just stunning to look at and the reflection was nowhere near as bad as expected given its a room that gets a lot of light during the day. Given that the CX has freesync will that work on the PS5?

One thing I am now going to have to do though is buy a soundbar. Never really thought about it but I think I will have to really.

Last edited:
Associate
So....

Is it best to buy LG if Im going to pair it with a soundbar and should I get an Atmos one? Admittedly I cant spend that much on one so any suggestions would be great.
No reason to buy expensive soundbar. I mean, are expensive soundbars really worth that much money? I've got the JBL Bar Studio and it does the job.

The part behind the body of the tv is 160mm deep and 520mm wide where it meets the tv narrowing to 420 at the back edge.
Oh nice, I think it should fit on my desk. My PC is behind my monitor because of an attachment of my older desk and I don't to throw it away.
I bought a desk/monitor riser in case I'll ever buy an OLED tv so the rear of the stand will just be fine under the riser.

Associate
Asus Helios...

Thanks, the Asus Helios is nice, but isn't big compare with the Thermaltake 900 E-ATX Super tower, that I own I have 8 RGB fans plus 3 ML 140mm fans with RGB strips. It lights up like a Chrismas tree in my small room at night with RGB keyboard + mouse looks cool imo, and it has lots of room to build a nice custom water-cool system too but the weight is 22.4KG on the desk and heavy to move also I have the OLED CX55 next to it. I like big system setups then small only because I have the room if I didn't I buy the Corsair CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB with a 48CX/C1 setup.

Here is the tower I am talking about:)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ther...11f8233f781-1628867152-0-gqNtZGzNAmKjcnBszQf6

No reason to buy expensive soundbar. I mean, are expensive soundbars really worth that much money?
There is a saying what you paid for it what you get.:p

Thankfully the CX55 came today and the panel is flawless so Ive got it set up. Bought Sackboy to play with the little one but had a play around with the PS5 to get it set up properly with 4k/120hz and see what its like. Its just stunning to look at and the reflection was nowhere near as bad as expected given its a room that gets a lot of light during the day. Given that the CX has freesync will that work on the PS5?
Well done:D you get use too the reflections:)

Last edited:
Associate
Oh nice, I think it should fit on my desk. My PC is behind my monitor because of an attachment of my older desk and I don't to throw it away.
I bought a desk/monitor riser in case I'll ever buy an OLED tv so the rear of the stand will just be fine under the riser.

I know what you mean, I had a similar plan but unfortunately my cheap Amazon monitor/printer stand that I used with my old tv isn't wide enough to clear the c1. I ended up pulling the whole mess forwards 10 inches and put the PC at the back. Looks tidy enough.

Associate
Should I enable PC mode for the PS5?

Honestly don't know, but - HDTVtest on youtube has a bunch of setting up your PS5 and CX vids.
He's also quite funny if you have a dry sense of humour. Last one I watched he said something like, 'I'm an ex pro TV calibrator, heres my gear, you can google how much it cost. Or you can take the advice of user xboxsux on reddit.'

Permabanned
Honestly don't know, but - HDTVtest on youtube has a bunch of setting up your PS5 and CX vids.
He's also quite funny if you have a dry sense of humour. Last one I watched he said something like, 'I'm an ex pro TV calibrator, heres my gear, you can google how much it cost. Or you can take the advice of user xboxsux on reddit.'

My desktop does seem brighter than the home screen on the PS5 for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom