*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Looking forward to getting into Battlefield again, not played properly since BF3.

I just tried it for 20mins. i dont think were allowed to talk about it though?
Yes, it's under strict NDA.
You can talk about whether you're enjoying the game and non-specific things like that, but no details, screenshots or videos telling people about the playable content.

Soldato
OP
Looking forward to getting into Battlefield again, not played properly since BF3.

Yes, it's under strict NDA.
You can talk about whether you're enjoying the game and non-specific things like that, but no details, screenshots or videos telling people about the playable content.
sweet ok cool.

THen i will not say anything

my lips are sealed :)

Caporegime
new official video looked nice though it did look like they took the most popular scene from call of duty and just added some bigger helicopter and explosions. cod modern warfare also started on a ship very similar. :p

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I know they will get it to a much better state than this but the game looks terrible as it is. Looks playable but not really enjoyable.

As long as they don't pull a BF4 and release something that needs work done to it, ignore all the feedback then begin to do something about more than 6 months after release. :D

Soldato
Well, it clearly says this is a technical preview. It's not a feature complete Beta, or a pure gameplay test, so I think there is no chance the game will look like it does in this preview on release. Considering the last few Battlefields all looked visually well polished on release (from memory...) I'd expect the same here.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Well, it clearly says this is a technical preview. It's not a feature complete Beta, or a pure gameplay test, so I think there is no chance the game will look like it does in this preview on release. Considering the last few Battlefields all looked visually well polished on release (from memory...) I'd expect the same here.

Yeah that's what I said "I know they will get it to a much better place". It's evident why they don't want any coverage or talk about the game as it's testing for something but I'm just giving my opinion on what I see, not what I expect to see as we all know the games always look great.

I know it's a bit pointless in me saying it doesn't look great as it stands. It really doesn't matter what it looks like at this stage. I should have put this statement at the foot of my above post for clarity.

I skipped BF5 as I didn't really get into BF1 (played about 70-80 hours sporadically) but got it free with Prime, so will give that a try over the next few days. Looks like it will be a lot better than BF1 for sure.

Associate
Here is the full schedule for the Battlefield 2042 technical playtest...

• August 12: 5am to 8am pacific time, 1pm – 4pm BST, 2pm – 5pm CEST

• August 13: 5am – 2pm pacific time, 1pm – 10pm BST, 2pm – 11pm CEST

• August 14: 5am – 8am pacific time, 1pm – 4pm BST, 2pm – 5pm CEST

• August 14: 11am – 2pm pacific time, 7pm – 10pm BST, 8pm – 11pm CEST

• August 15: 5am – 8am pacific time, 1pm – 4pm BST, 2pm – 5pm CEST

• August 15: 10am – 1pm pacific time, 6pm – 9pm BST, 7pm – 10pm CEST

Soldato
I don't have access the this test but they originally said it going to be a white box/no texture build like the first test they release for BF4 so I guess people should be grateful for texture :p

On a side note, those of you who got selected for this test did you play a lot of bf1 or bf5? I used to get picked for all the tests from bf4 and bf1. Played lots off bf3 and bf4. Bf1 and bf5 were crap so put in much less hours on those and now I don't get picked. Just wondering if that coincidence or not..

Associate
On a side note, those of you who got selected for this test did you play a lot of bf1 or bf5? I used to get picked for all the tests from bf4 and bf1. Played lots off bf3 and bf4. Bf1 and bf5 were crap so put in much less hours on those and now I don't get picked. Just wondering if that coincidence or not..

I used to play a lot of Battlefield 1 and 2 , I take it you registered to be a play tester ?

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/playtesting

Back
Top Bottom