What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
Really recommend Overload VR. It’s not Quest 2 native but if you have a fairly decent PC it’s fantastic. used to love playing Descent back in the day...this is VR version. Good with Joypad.
Got it cheap a few weeks ago with Humble bundle

Soldato
Really recommend Overload VR. It’s not Quest 2 native but if you have a fairly decent PC it’s fantastic. used to love playing Descent back in the day...this is VR version.

Quite surprising that none of the Descent style games have been ported to the Oculus Quest as they tend to be quite simple graphically so would be a good fit for the mobile headset IMO.

Associate
Fallout4 VR and its growing on me, the simple anticipation of using a new gun or mod whilst being in the thick of the action

dont suppose you have a Reverb G2? i'm struggling to get the pipboy working - using the gingas mods (which was a mission getting working and i'll be damned if i'm paying the prices of premium nexus, so i manually downloaded the mods, which took a while).

Associate
dont suppose you have a Reverb G2? i'm struggling to get the pipboy working - using the gingas mods (which was a mission getting working and i'll be damned if i'm paying the prices of premium nexus, so i manually downloaded the mods, which took a while).
VP2 with index controllers so I am closer to her setup. You need to disable the index stuff from the modlist and map your WMR controls in either by a separate mod or using SteamVR settings I'd imagine.

Soldato
Reverb G2

Use a custom bind from the community pot. I think the one i use is called 'updated G2 controller' or something. It's absolutely perfect once you figure out what does what, by far a better experience than i had with either the Vive wand or Index controller. In truth the ease of that bind was part reason why my playtime jumped from 30hrs to a 100 in short time, that good.

Since you mention the pip, it's really neat with that binding. You naturally flick your wrist over leaving the two buttons in perfect place to shift inventory while leaving the thumbstick free to nav up down and click.

Soldato
Quite surprising that none of the Descent style games have been ported to the Oculus Quest as they tend to be quite simple graphically so would be a good fit for the mobile headset IMO.

There's only one simple one, a VR supported title from 2015. Sublevel Zero might work on the mobile chip, but given the age of it and from a non dedicated VR developer, i doubt you'd see it anytime soon.

The only other two that come to mind are Descent: Underground, and Overload. Descent died a death along with the developer, and Overload suffered much the same fate. Both of those would overwhelm the mobile platform, Overload was no joy until i threw 2080ti at it, and only became a flawless experience on the 3090.

There's certainly room for a simplistic tunnel shooter on mobile VR though, they're immense fun if not a little nauseating. I totally have my VR stones, but after 30 minutes of spinning around in circles in Overload you know about it.

Associate
There's only one simple one, a VR supported title from 2015. Sublevel Zero might work on the mobile chip, but given the age of it and from a non dedicated VR developer, i doubt you'd see it anytime soon.

The only other two that come to mind are Descent: Underground, and Overload. Descent died a death along with the developer, and Overload suffered much the same fate. Both of those would overwhelm the mobile platform, Overload was no joy until i threw 2080ti at it, and only became a flawless experience on the 3090.

There's certainly room for a simplistic tunnel shooter on mobile VR though, they're immense fun if not a little nauseating. I totally have my VR stones, but after 30 minutes of spinning around in circles in Overload you know about it.
I'd certainly be up for something like that! But yeah watching the trailer for Overload it looks like the kind of game that even very hardcore VRers might find difficult to play for long periods!

Permabanned
Did you go for it, and can you report back how you found it?

I love PC2 in VR, but I wouldn't mind something with more of a 'career' mode too, even if it isn't as simmy.

I did buy it, I didnt like it very much. It does have a career mode and you can buy upgrades/mod the cars, however as soon as you even add a couple of modifications it puts the car into another class so really negates the point.

Gran Turismo(either 2 or 3) got the formula spot on and nothing has come close, for me, since. :( Does work well in VR and graphics are ok(not great).

You might like it, its cheap enough to try it out.

Associate
I did buy it, I didnt like it very much. It does have a career mode and you can buy upgrades/mod the cars, however as soon as you even add a couple of modifications it puts the car into another class so really negates the point.

Gran Turismo(either 2 or 3) got the formula spot on and nothing has come close, for me, since. :( Does work well in VR and graphics are ok(not great).

You might like it, its cheap enough to try it out.
Ah shame you didn't get on with it. Think for you it would be best for you to wait for the psvr 2 and hope that gt7 gets vr support. I'm very much hoping this happens myself!

Permabanned
Ah shame you didn't get on with it. Think for you it would be best for you to wait for the psvr 2 and hope that gt7 gets vr support. I'm very much hoping this happens myself!

Yeah maybe, to be honest I am not that fussed with racing games these days. I just liked how GT did it. Always used to start off with an MX5 and in the end it was a beast. :p

Associate
I finished The Room Dark Matter today, really enjoyed it, some clever puzzles and kept me engaged for the whole time. Threw on the climb 2 for the tutorial, seems like it might be interesting. Got Lone Echo to start but really want to finish the SW:Squadrons campaign first.

Associate
Dusted off Onward, shockingly bad at it. Scoping just never feels right in VR
I play onward too sometimes and i know what you mean about scopes, thats why i bought a gunstock, scoping is much better.

Anyone tried Flight Sim in vr yet after the latest update? It was supposed to massively improve performance at least on a flat screen!
My fps in vr msfs 2020 went from about 20-30 fps, to 35-45 fps, so pleased with it. That's how i spend 99% of my vr time nowadays, in msfs flying heli missions via a career add on called neofly.

Associate
I play onward too sometimes and i know what you mean about scopes, thats why i bought a gunstock, scoping is much better.

My fps in vr msfs 2020 went from about 20-30 fps, to 35-45 fps, so pleased with it. That's how i spend 99% of my vr time nowadays, in msfs flying heli missions via a career add on called neofly.
That sounds like a great way to spend your gaming time!! Might have to jump in

Associate
A gun stock makes the world of difference. I was hopeless then 3d printed myself a gun stock and it's like night and day.
Getting half decent at it now, contractors is another one that really benefits from having a stock.
Gun stock is probably my next vr purchase! Have the psvr stock gun which is great in the few games that support it

Soldato
I've got a 3D printed stock which isn't amazing, but even that makes a huge difference. I'd like to get a better one, but they're so expensive for decent ones with magnetic docks for the controllers.

Soldato
I've got a 3D printed stock which isn't amazing, but even that makes a huge difference. I'd like to get a better one, but they're so expensive for decent ones with magnetic docks for the controllers.

This is the one I printed
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4538594

Ive got some spare magnets and poles if anyone wants to make one

You can buy a finished one but like you say they aren't cheap, about £70+

Back
Top Bottom