What Tools/Socket Sets is everyone using?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I haven't seen a tools thread for a while, as I'm currently looking to get some new tools I thought it would be a good idea to start one. :cool: To keep the thread in order, lets stick with socket sets and maybe power tools?

What is everyone using?

I'll start... Wireless Parkside Impact Wrench, Halfords Advance 200 Set (over 5 year old) and old draper socket set that comes in handy when I need extra extensions. I also have some noname tap & die set, caliper retraction, trim removal tools etc.

Soldato
Halford's Professional and Clarke (Machine Mart nearby).

Unless it is 10mm then anything goes.

If I was buying power tools I'd go Kielder.

Soldato
I have a Halfords Advanced set that I've owned for over a decade. It's served me well, nothing broken or missing (so far).

Power tools...have owned a Makita drill for years, fairly recently I also bought an impact driver and wrench, also Makita.

Edit: Think it's Halfords Professional, not advance (or are they the same thing now?). Also have their torque wrench.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mmm, yeah I've just been looking this week actually and was reccomended Halfords Advanced as it was on sale PLUS they replace any broken bits no questions... seems they get good reviews from people!

Soldato
Hazet spanners ( insane price these days ) 1/2 inch Bahco socket set modded with snap-on and stahlwille sockets for a few of the most used ones plus a stahlwille ratchet,
Teng socket sets for the smaller sizes,

power tools mainly milwaukee

i do car servicing for 3 vehicles and light repairs since the mid 90`s so have built up way too many to list really

Back
Top Bottom