German Doner Kebab

Soldato
Not tried one yet. But we are getting one in our town very soon. Taking over an old McDonald's place in the town centre

Soldato
Must be very different between branches then. I tried one and the tiny amount of meat was cold, the bread was nasty compared to usual pitta bread and the supplied sauce on it was grim. Never going back. :p

Soldato
Well, the pictures look pretty authentic, the bread and general makeup of it. Better than a typical British kebab with 90% meat and a bit of limp lettuce.

Can't say I was ever a huge fan when I was living there though, not with all the great Japanese and Korean food around.

Soldato
I have one most weeks from our local one. Its by far the best kebab I have had in the UK. Knocks the socks off your usual high street kebab shop. I recommend the original mixed if you have one (chicken and beef)

Associate
OP
3 shops have popped up near me in recent weeks.
Not saying that it's the greatest since sliced Kebab:D but it is less greasy with an added twist.
Can fill you up if you pop extra meat in so beware.

Soldato
We have one of these local, really good quality for doner kebab, the 'boss box' as a lazy evening Deliveroo order is hard to beat

Soldato
There are only a few reasons to ever be in Reading.... the local branch of German Doner is one of those!!

Whatever else you order, be sure to include half a dozen of their spring rolls!!

Back
Top Bottom