• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Ok so ran the Timespy extreme stress test which it passed but checking temp logs VRAM hit 110 max and the gpu hit 90 max but didnt go over either. That was with fan at 60% constantly. It passed the test but at 97.5%.

Would think standard gaming would be ok though and will play some stuff later today and then check temps again.
It won't go over on the VRAM temps. (110C) because it will thermal throttle the card. It's uncomfortable to see the VRAM temps. into the 100C's for me personally. That's why I went with the thermal pad mod route. This has dropped my VRAM temps. into the 80's and I can comfortable game without worry about any potential thermal throttling.

Whilst I was at it, I went ahead with an undervolted profile, this helped to reduce the coil whine slightly but keeping stock or better performance.

Also try leaving your fan in default auto mode, do they ram up into 3k RPM range? It will sound like a jet engine lol.

Permabanned
That's true. But until you commit and buy, you've made no mistake.

I was tempted by the 3080ti, the price is bad, but the vrms sitting at 100 in my case put me off.

The price is good in this GPU market. And The 3080 Ti is no slouch . Plays 4k max settings fine.

VRMs of any FE card sits there apart from the 3090 that is the best and coolest card.

Associate
It won't go over on the VRAM temps. (110C) because it will thermal throttle the card. It's uncomfortable to see the VRAM temps. into the 100C's for me personally. That's why I went with the thermal pad mod route. This has dropped my VRAM temps. into the 80's and I can comfortable game without worry about any potential thermal throttling.

Whilst I was at it, I went ahead with an undervolted profile, this helped to reduce the coil whine slightly but keeping stock or better performance.

Also try leaving your fan in default auto mode, do they ram up into 3k RPM range? It will sound like a jet engine lol.
I need to check but I think Afterburner has applied a 200mhz overclock to my vram as well. If so will remove that and try again to see what happens.

I have had the fans set at auto before and they do ramp up quite loudly. In the future I am looking at watercooling the card anyway. It is a beast of a card dont get me wrong and I love throwing everything up at max settings with no slow down etc but its just the fan noise that gets to me when rest of system is pretty much silent.

Associate
I wish people wouldn't post these drops on hot uk deals, It gives you less chance of getting one ! 3070TI were gone in minutes again. 3080ti still available though 45 minutes later and counting

Soldato
I wish people wouldn't post these drops on hot uk deals, It gives you less chance of getting one ! 3070TI were gone in minutes again. 3080ti still available though 45 minutes later and counting

If there is time for it to be posted on HUKD, there's time for someone with Telegram and Discord alerts to purchase.

Associate
I need to check but I think Afterburner has applied a 200mhz overclock to my vram as well. If so will remove that and try again to see what happens.

I have had the fans set at auto before and they do ramp up quite loudly. In the future I am looking at watercooling the card anyway. It is a beast of a card dont get me wrong and I love throwing everything up at max settings with no slow down etc but its just the fan noise that gets to me when rest of system is pretty much silent.
My old 3080 FE would ramp up into the 3k RPM range, so I RMA it and got a new card (they tested and it crashed out during their gaming stress tests).

The new card would still hit into 100C's on VRAM temps. however, the fans never hit into the 3k RPM range. Now I am guessing, the auto fan mode might help indicate whether the card is potentially bad.

Soldato

Just use telegram and join FE part alert group it gets alerts as soon they are dropped it will be faster than HUKD its only now they are starting to be posted on HUKD because they aint instantly selling out, looking around discords channels only few months ago remember most saying missed out on card drop sold out etc, now its mostly people saying got the card

Last edited:
Soldato
They are all miners pretending to be gamers buying all these cards. Hence the limit 1 per customer and LHR, so at least , gamers are getting the cards they need , so we'll done Nvidia and supplier here!

Let me guess, you haven't managed to get a card, you must hate me, mined on the 3060Ti from about a month after I got it, I've made back more than the cost of the card and my upgraded monitor (MM) and the guy who's machine I've just stuck the 3060Ti into got me a 3080, which is currently sat mining while I'm out at Le Mans, and I'll be swapping the pads and tweaking it more when I get back from Greenland at the beginning of September..

Associate
My old 3080 FE would ramp up into the 3k RPM range, so I RMA it and got a new card (they tested and it crashed out during their gaming stress tests).

The new card would still hit into 100C's on VRAM temps. however, the fans never hit into the 3k RPM range. Now I am guessing, the auto fan mode might help indicate whether the card is potentially bad.
To be honest I have not seen what the fans run at when fully loaded on auto. I have corsair Icue dashboard and that does show the RPM so might set fans to auto and then check that to see what fans max out at.

Roll on watercooling!

Soldato

how long till you got replacement ? currently about to return 3080 for coil whine had to record the issue

Associate
how long till you got replacement ? currently about to return 3080 for coil whine had to record the issue
I doubt you will get anything back on the coil whine, a lot of cards have coil whine. I didn't bother raising the coil whine matter on my old card, it wasn't really that bad, the case fans drowned out the slight coil whine noise anyway. It was mainly the card fans ramping up into the 3k RPM range which was so much louder compared to the coil whine lol.

Got my replacement within a week, this was back in the beginning of Jul.

Soldato
I doubt you will get anything back on the coil whine, a lot of cards have coil whine. I didn't bother raising the coil whine matter on my old card, it wasn't really that bad, the case fans drowned out the slight coil whine noise anyway. It was mainly the card fans ramping up into the 3k RPM range which was so much louder compared to the coil whine lol.

Got my replacement within a week, this was back in the beginning of Jul.

I can hear it over the case fans and the 3080 fans go to about 1800rpm I know have to expect some degree of whine but its possible to get it bad never had card before that was this loud so I should live with it while someone else with the same card has it less ? some dont care have case fans spinning super fast that it drowns it out

try playing this on loud this is just 1 example I did quite a few recordings with different games when exiting you can tell the difference
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LiUSsSp8quNUQYjirzJxzC6Llj05hzh/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Associate
After 45mins of indecision, I finally bought the 3080 Ti (awaiting picking)
I looked at a few recent reviews and for architectural visualisation the extra 2Gb seems worth it. Also, I currently use a 42" 4K/60Hz LCD monitor and hope to upgrade to a 42" 4K/120Hz OLED when released.
My ITX case (RAIJINTEK Ophion EVO ALS) has a perforated metal grill over the GPU like this (image flipped though), hopefully enough airflow. Case has 2x 240mm top exhaust fans, 1x 240mm base intake fan

ophionevo-8.png

My PSU is 650W SFX, the case can take full size PSU, but I thought SFX would be better for air flow. So, either the 650W will be enough for the 3080 Ti with my i9-9900KS, or I'll upgrade to 1000W (SFX £200 / Standard £150).

Associate
I can hear it over the case fans and the 3080 fans go to about 1800rpm I know have to expect some degree of whine but its possible to get it bad never had card before that was this loud so I should live with it while someone else with the same card has it less ? some dont care have case fans spinning super fast that it drowns it out

try playing this on loud this is just 1 example I did quite a few recordings with different games when exiting you can tell the difference
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LiUSsSp8quNUQYjirzJxzC6Llj05hzh/view?usp=drivesdk
Ok, you win.

Man… that is excessively loud!

Back
Top Bottom