Where do you buy your slippers?

Soldato
I got fed up with every pair of slippers I ever bought failling apart after a few months, so I saw a pair of Skecher GoWalk slip ons and thought - they look similar to slippers but a bit more rugged, and tried them out.

Worked brilliantly. They lasted far longer, were really comfortable, and didn't feel as daft if I popped out to get the bins or something in them.

Unfortunately, when they were starting to get a bit tatty, I bought the same again - and the second pair were hopeless by comparison. edges were frayed and ripping within a couple of months. So my recommendation is reserved.

Incidentally - this seems to be a pattern. Decades ago I discovered my first pair of Merrell trainers, and they were a revelation. Strong, comfortable, hard wearing. I've continued with Merrell's ever since, and have probably owned 4 or 5 pairs - but I would swear that every pair has been slightly worse than the pair before, to the extent that I've gone off them as a preferred make now.

Soldato
I had a pair of m&s slippers for Christmas which were very comfortable, but became extremely smelly so I threw them out.

My other shoes don't smell too bad, but my cycling shoes start minging on a long tour.

Soldato
Ugg Ascot slippers, probably the best slippers ever bought
You reckon? How are they wearing? The other half and Mum have worked their way through at least 2 or 3 pairs of Uggs in the last 5 years or so. I know as I am the mug paying to replace them!

Soldato
I need specifics man, I am babying a pair of John Lewis ones that are at least 4 years old. Are you talking 18 months and knackered, or a solid 2 years before any real wear occurs?

Ive never actually wore out a pair, I tend to change them when the wool lining gets compacted so its no longer like having a duvet wrapped around your feet or they start looking a bit scruffy. Ive never thrown away a pair because the sole wore out or a hole appeared because they never have.

Soldato
Ugg Ascot slippers, probably the best slippers ever bought
Got a pair from the Ugg outlet in Vegas 3 years ago for £30, been the best pair of slippers I've ever had and wear them all year round (also don't take them off when going outside in the garden), they're looking a little 'worn' now but still comfy and my feet are never too warm even in the height of summer.

They're that good that I will have zero issues paying the £110 a replacement pair will be when the time arises.

Associate
Disappointed no one has posted Mahabis. Been very tempted given their indoor/outdoor hybrid soles.

I've had a pair for a few years that are now starting to fall apart, they're nice enough but struggle to recommend for the price; however, the pair I have are an older model that have the convertible/removable rubber outdoor sole, and the mechanism for attaching them is super clunky and practically worthless.
I have been eyeballing the newer pairs that have done away with the removable sole (Classic or Curve), though, as the slipper part is nice enough.

Soldato
I buy sheepskin, fleece lined slippers. Not uggs, but I Guess similar.
I find them on amazon.

They are the best. Very warm and snug, and they last forever and never smell.

Back
Top Bottom