• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac 3060Ti Fan Noise - Rattle - Vibration

Associate
Any of you guys who were lucky enough to get a pre order from OCUK having any issues? I've installed the card today, immediately there was a noise so I shut the PC down and noticed a wire for one of the fans wasn't clipped in properly (poor QC from Zotac) and the fan blade was hitting it so I pushed that into place - noise stopped.

Running 3d mark and around the 60% - 70% RPM there's a fan noise.

- EDIT - VIDEO ADDED

I'm not complaining about normal fan pushing air noise as that's acceptable imo, it's more the rattle / vibration that is VERY noticeable and clearly shouldn't be there, I've double checked and all fan wires are seated now so it's not that.

Thanks in advance folks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, unfortunately it's just a design flaw with these Twin Edge cards. I had the 3060 version and it does exactly the same thing, which is why I got rid of it. If you look around the web, you'll find tons of people complaining about it. Very shoddy from Zotac. As for a "fix" you might try this:

Less than ideal, but better than listening to it rattling away.

Associate
OP
For me, pushing on the shroud stops it...but obviously you're not going to sit there holding the shroud up when you're gaming.

Putting a few guitar picks in between the heatsink / shroud fixes it, this isn't a fix though as it's clearly a manufacturing defect. A real shame as I need the GPU and Zotac are the only ones with stock, well that and Inno3d when they turn up.

I filmed a video and uploaded it to YouTube in the original post ^.

A real shame as the fan noise imo is perfectly fine given the cost / performance, I can live with wooshing air but not a rattle / vibration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom