advice on laptop for light use.

jcr

jcr

Associate
my partners laptop seems to be on its way out (graphics glitching). its about 7 years old, so probably time to replace.

i know next to nothing about laptops, so seeking some advice.

i have a desktop for gaming, laptop will be used for browsing/youtube/movies.

im looking for something with a decent sized screen that i can enjoy movies on.

thank you.

Soldato
Dell inspiron 15.6" can be bought for about 500.

For movies though i find 17" laptops with screens that dont have anti reflection the best ( just stay away from windows )

jcr

jcr

Associate
OP
Dell inspiron 15.6" can be bought for about 500.

For movies though i find 17" laptops with screens that dont have anti reflection the best ( just stay away from windows )
im leaning towards 17". current is 15" and im finding it a bit small.
whats wrong with windows?

jcr

jcr

Associate
OP
i had a look at the offerings on this site earlier. the cheapest 17" was nearly a grand. thats about double what im willing to pay.
im guessing this is because they are gaming laptops?

Associate
To be real to you,

Up to £500 is very realistic for light use, when i say that i mean the hardware spec of the laptop will do the job but maybe not 17 inch screen unless you can find one.

I don't know but have you consider chrome books unless you want a windows laptop.

I know competitors are not allowed on these forums but using over clockers them self i quickly found this > https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-intel-i5-10300h-gaming-laptop-lt-2d6-ms.html and yes 15.6 inch screen

I tried to find a non gaming laptop but nothing came close to 500 pounds on overlockers.co.uk.

Dan.

Last edited:

jcr

jcr

Associate
OP
To be real to you,

Dan.

thank you for the advice Dan.
to be honest, i know next to nothing about laptops. i dont even know what a chrome book is?
im just after something for browsing and media, that will last me a few years.
ive found Lenovo Legion laptops, with the same spec as the msi you linked, for around the same price. and people seem to rate them better.
so maybe i will go down that route?.

Associate
A chrome book basically is a smaller laptop with a chrome os basically anyways,

For flexibility i would pick a windows laptop, but... maybe chrome os or chrome book,

Yes go with whatever laptop it will do the job fine because i know that browser and media use requires minimal power from the laptop roughly and basically theoretical.

If you just don't know it will be a safe bet to just go with a windows operating system on the laptop, so that lenovo laptop you say it will do the job, so i do recommend going down that route.

Back
Top Bottom