• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Reference model Graphics cards

Associate
Hi,
Is it possible to get reference model graphics cards at msrp in the UK. Amd store does not ship directly to the UK so it seems as though an AMD reference model gpu is out of the question. What about Nvidia? Is it possible to get my hands on a nvidia fe graphics card? Any tips on how? I have heard that there are rarely ever any produced as Nvidia are selling them at a loss (at least for ampere graphics cards) so are they even sold in decent numbers. Is it possible to get them before scalpers and bots?

Caporegime
Sign up to the telegram notifications for them. They ping your phone almost instantly when stock is put online.

You have to quick though, and unfortunately it's rather random as to dates/times.

Soldato
I bagged a 3070 TI FE yesterday. I would have preferred a 3080 (non-TI), but beggars and all that.

Stock seems to be dropping more & more-frequently recently, so I would expect prices of non-FE cards to begin falling soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's easy to get an FE card if a drop happens on your day off or during a lunch break. I've been trying since Christmas and not had luck yet. Last drop was at 9.03am but I start work at 9.00am so I missed it by 3 hours by the time I stopped for lunch and checked my phone.

Associate
I signed up for the alerts on Wednesday, and luckily I'm still work from home so could jump on the alert straight away and managed to get a 3070ti at MSRP in yesterdays drop. I'd also pre-emptively created an account at the retailer so the time from clicking the alert link to clicking confirm on the checkout was as short as possible, just in case.

Soldato
I used discord alerts to get my FE card back in December. You need to have an account set up on the retailer site, with address and card details saved so you can get through the checkout in as fast time as possible. Stock is improving though.

Soldato
MS & Sony can sell consoles at a hardware loss because their business plan says they will recoup their money and make nice profits from subscription-services and game royalties later-on.

NVidia & AMD do not have this loss-leader option for hardware sales. Hell, they can currently sell every card they make @ RRP (and above), and would be mad to do otherwise. They are making hay whilst the sun-shines.

Graphics card loss-leaders only occur when demand is extremely-low for a product. This could be old stock that needs shifting, or a pants product that nobody would otherwise buy. With hindsight, both AMD & NVidia would probably has set higher RRP's for current gen GPU's. They are not in business to do customers favours. They are in business for Invester returns-to-investment. Shareholders (and miners) come well-before being nice to gamers.

Associate
OP
I used discord alerts to get my FE card back in December. You need to have an account set up on the retailer site, with address and card details saved so you can get through the checkout in as fast time as possible. Stock is improving though.
Could you tell me the name of the discord or recommend any alert systems?

Back
Top Bottom