Best simple car wax?

Soldato
I have never really used traditional waxes as my first venture when I was new to all the detailing techniques and products I bought a tin of Simoniz Original Wax and perhaps down to poor application it was near impossible to remove to the point where I thought this cannot be doing the paint any good.

Since then I have always used Sealants and have had better results with ease of application.

Not a “Wax” but as you mention wanting to add Gloss and Protection I will suggest the following products.

Soft 99 Fusso Coat F7 Liquid Sealant
The key to easy application and removal is to apply a thin even layer which is made easy by the applicator provided within the box.

“SOFT99 Fusso Coat F7 is just as good as SOFT99 Fusso Coat Wax in every respect other than durability; the use of a liquid carrier rather than a paste results in less of the protective resin (PTFE) being laid down, which reduces durability to around six months. This is still an impressive figure for a polymer-based sealant, especially one that is so easy to use.” This info is taken from Polished Bliss within the product description

I find as a lazy way of topping up the protection between washes Gyeon Wet Coat is worth having regardless of base product used on your paint, this is a simple spray on and pressure wash off product which adds Protection, Gloss and Hydrophobic water behaviour to your paint.

Permabanned
how long do you leave it before wiping / buffing. I found it really stubborn to buff
I normally use a damp foam applicator pad with a little bit of wax on it. Damping the pad allows you to apply a thin even layer on to the paint. Less really is more with this wax.

I’ll do 2 or 3 panels at a time which give the wax enough time to cure. Then buff it off with a nice plush microfibre cloth like this one.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpro-boa-500gsm-microfibre-towel

Yeah if you really want quick and easy then I did buy some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax to try out when it was on offer. Seems alright the first application I proper messed up as I used far too much, the second was much easier as it’s literally spray on and rinse off.

39-FFD994-D3-C2-4377-8-CCF-6-EA88-ADEF0-C5.jpg

Will return to my trusty Carlack/Collinite combo though as IMO it’s hard to beat for performance and value for money. I brought it 20/09/2013 and still have loads left.

Soldato
I normally use a damp foam applicator pad with a little bit of wax on it. Damping the pad allows you to apply a thin even layer on to the paint. Less really is more with this wax.

I’ll do 2 or 3 panels at a time which give the wax enough time to cure. Then buff it off with a nice plush microfibre cloth like this one.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpro-boa-500gsm-microfibre-towel

Yeah if you really want quick and easy then I did buy some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax to try out when it was on offer. Seems alright the first application I proper messed up as I used far too much, the second was much easier as it’s literally spray on and rinse off.

39-FFD994-D3-C2-4377-8-CCF-6-EA88-ADEF0-C5.jpg

Will return to my trusty Carlack/Collinite combo though as IMO it’s hard to beat for performance and value for money. I brought it 20/09/2013 and still have loads left.

Good advice, thank you

Soldato
Carnauba Wax is supposed to give a better shine but needs to be applied once a month whereas synthetic lasts longer as it’s more of a sealant. So they recommend synthetic for people who can’t wax that often.

Carnauba is expensive to manufacture with so that explains the high cost.

Soldato
Carnauba Wax is supposed to give a better shine but needs to be applied once a month whereas synthetic lasts longer as it’s more of a sealant. So they recommend synthetic for people who can’t wax that often.

Carnauba is expensive to manufacture with so that explains the high cost.

the better Carnauba waxes can last for agood 12 weeks+

You wash the car with a gentle PH nutral shampoo and then re-buff it.

i remember i had a black pearlescent fiesta and i used collinite 476s which is actually not very expensive for a huge tin
and i remember after 3 months i could still get the car to shine and water was still beading but i thought it could do with a refresh at that point

Soldato
Polar Seal is very good for spraying into the arches or even engine bay to help keep everything protected. Especially during those winter months. I have found it doesn't last very long though so needs to be reapplied at least once a month.

Ok thanks - its just the speed of it that appeals to me. I previously used Autofinese Tripple wax, although fast to do, still be good to make it speedier.

Soldato
Do people still use quick detailer? Just looking for something to spray on the car while wet so it dries better. Don't have time for doing the full works.

Back
Top Bottom