• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Got the plates swapped, much prefer it this way. Hard to capture how dark and matt the plates are on the camera phone, comes off a bit grey. Really chuffed with these, easy to swap. Bought the cheapest set I could find on rainforest. They came fully individually wrapped and bubble wrap too.

20210815-151708.png

Soldato
You made me look into that now, they make a clear one too or with a hint of black and blue in clear. Bet that is finger print magnet though.
I don't get what it is with the white, I bet nobody with a ps5 or xbox has a white set of stuff, I.e
Sky box, amp stuff like that (unless they have both of course:p).

I think some people genuinely like the white look, for me it was a bit garish as my stuff is all black. So was worth the money just to not have it be such a draw for the eye if you know what I mean. It blends in more now with my stuff, impressed with the quality. I've stored the original plates in the packing the new ones came in. Will keep them pristine for future use for someone else. I fully intend to buy a slim revision PS5 as soon as it comes out lol.

Soldato
I have more consoles in White (or grey in case of PS1) than black actually.

White/Grey

GameBoy
SNES
Wii
Xbox 360
PS1
PS4 (Destiny Edition)
PS5

Black

Mega Drive
Xbox
Wii U
DS Lite

Other

Game Cube - Purple
GameBoy Advance - Clear
DS XL - Gold
Your TV stand must be massive:cry:. I was comparing it to other non console items.

Associate
Mine is sat on my white computer desk so it blends in fairly well.
Though if it'll fit between the desk risers, I'm planning on shoving it on the drawer unit under my desk so it's out of risk of getting knocked off the edge of the desk by the cat.

Caporegime
I think some people genuinely like the white look, for me it was a bit garish as my stuff is all black. So was worth the money just to not have it be such a draw for the eye if you know what I mean. It blends in more now with my stuff, impressed with the quality. I've stored the original plates in the packing the new ones came in. Will keep them pristine for future use for someone else. I fully intend to buy a slim revision PS5 as soon as it comes out lol.

I actually don't mind the PS5 look when it's stood up, except it's too large for me stood up so i have it sideways. It's on my HiFi rack sitting a shelf above my CD player and my Amp/CD player and also my XBSX also on the same shelf which are all black. So it make sense to make that black too.

But then again, i keep the controllers together, and it's white/red.

Soldato
PS5 looks good. I have mine on the bottom shelf of my desk (open area).

Fans are really quiet. So far I've not heard them kick in. The SSD makes a noticable speed difference.

Now we just need some decent true PS5 games.

Soldato
I don't get what it is with the white, I bet nobody with a ps5 or xbox has a white set of stuff, I.e
Sky box, amp stuff like that (unless they have both of course:p).

common practice on console launch, it gets people to double dip when the later black model comes out.

I do wonder what the benefit is to sony as I think profit margins are slim at best per console, but it could be an effective way to get poorer people into the eco system, the people who got at launch, buy again when black mid gen model comes out, and then sell what they have for cheaper for the poorer people to buy and then they in the eco system.

Back
Top Bottom