• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth the upgrade?

Associate
Reassurance needed

just sold my Red Dragon Vega 56 for £455 and bought the RX6600XT nitro+ for £389.

I don’t mine, and play at 1440p with a Ryzen 3600.

I know it might not be a huge upgrade but some more performance, less power and £66 in my pocket.

thoughts?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just doubted myself as I’m really unsure with the latest GPU prices and felt like it might be too good to be true! Had a look at the reviews of 6600xt

Apologies if the post was pointless, just needed the reassurance I haven’t made a mistake

Associate
I mean good for you, you'll be getting like 35% better performance out of the 6600xt for 1440p gaming, and the nitro+ is one of the nicer cards

Soldato
I sold my Vega 56 before Christmas for £220 :(

Even if I was given a 6600XT for free, I'd still be £66 worse off than the OP.

This thread really is so the OP can boast about being the luckiest person in the world.

Associate
It is obviously a good deal with a new card under warranty, better performance, less power use, and new feature set ie Direct 12 ultimate. The price is also nearer to MRSP than many purchases. However, whether someone sees it as the best purchase is an individual decision, eg some people might have wanted to put some extra money towards upgrading to a 3070 or 6800. However, you look at it enjoy your card

Back
Top Bottom