not another Ebay thread...

Soldato
Id be tempted to box it back up and walk into Lidl and say you bought it a few months ago, but lost the receipt. It's the easiest option and you might get lucky.

Failing that, see whether the seller can get an exchange based on a bank statement or something.

Buying from an individual is not the same as buying from a shop, irrespective of whether it's labelled as "new". Though with eBay/PayPal, it's like the wild west, so you'll probably win a dispute lol

@jcr

^^^ This ^^^

Not sure why everyone else is over complicating this thread re ebay returns etc. You could still do this of course but I presume you just want a working saw.

Lidl will refund/swap for you.

Presuming you have the box etc and even if you don't just pop to a till, explain you can't find the receipt etc.

Even better and less effort, call the parkside helpline number on the box.

I have had loads of parkside tools over the years. I have had a few with issues long after I have lost the receipt or its faded to oblivion and had no probs and no hassle getting replacements via either of the above methods.

Quite often they are einhell (wickes/toolstation) or scheppach rebranded so decent enough kit for the budget. Their bench drills / mitre saws looked identical in form and spec to machine mart clarke/scheppach last run.

I would add, I think these saws are circa £35 as a bare unit + then £25 upwards with battery and charger.

Parkside tools make value sense when buying direct from lidl. They have created an aftermarket reseller market because, bar the batteries & chargers, the tools have limited store time throughout the year and once on the ecosystem you can't always get what you want when needed.

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
If you've just bought a second hand (albeit new condition) item from someone, I don't think you have a leg to stand on 'legally'. They don't owe you a warranty, that's why second hand stuff is (or should be) cheaper.

You could ask if they have their original proof of purchase that might allow you to use the manufacturer warranty.

eBay would probably side with you anyway though, because eBay. Bit crap for whoever sold the item to you in good faith though.

And this is why I stopped using eBay, I sold a decent priced item was about 450 pictured well, full description, immaculate condition.
Buyer contacted me saying a accessory was missing (an accessory I never said was included) I replied to the buyer apologising for any confusion and advising to check the description.
eBay then without contacting me in any way asked the buyer to return the item, item no longer sealed, now used and redeemable likely redeemed haha.
I tried via eBay chat repeatedly, eBay pretty much accepted it was their error, then went on to put my Paypal in negative and chase me for money.
Both accounts now closed

Id be tempted to box it back up and walk into Lidl and say you bought it a few months ago, but lost the receipt. It's the easiest option and you might get lucky.

Failing that, see whether the seller can get an exchange based on a bank statement or something.

Buying from an individual is not the same as buying from a shop, irrespective of whether it's labelled as "new". Though with eBay/PayPal, it's like the wild west, so you'll probably win a dispute lol

Tried this in the past, I had bought a little soldering iron only 8 quid or something, cant remember what it was for but it tripped the mains every time I plugged it in lol.
They were having none of it even tho it was "their brand"

Soldato
Imagine scalping Lidl's middle aisle

I've noticed there are people on Gumtree who do this. They (Lidl or Parkside) do a nice laser distance and stud finder combo for under £20 I think. People go buy them all up and sell them on for £40 or more and because it's so infrequent you can't get them anywhere else.

That said OP seemed to have paid more for the Parkside saw, the bare tools are almost always under £50

Soldato
i messaged the seller yesterday and got this reply-

Hello, I’m sorry to hear your saw as become faulty, unfortunately these were a one off purchase and I have no replacements plus the return window as now passed, regards
If that is a copy/paste I would have a word with @BowdonUK that as to be him.

I wouldn't recommend this. I saw a film once, despite the saw being unplugged, it came to life as it didn't want the owner repairing it and it went on the rampage with very gory results.
Haha

Tried this in the past, I had bought a little soldering iron only 8 quid or something, cant remember what it was for but it tripped the mains every time I plugged it in lol.
They were having none of it even tho it was "their brand"

buy it again when on sale, then with the receipt take the faulty one back and get a refund (not that i condone this)

jcr

jcr

Associate
OP
thanks for the advice people.

i did kind of feel bad for the seller, and was considering taking the hit/trying to repair the saw myself. but when a couple of posters mentioned the the seller had marked up the price substantially from retail, i decided i will try and get refunded.

in the future i will stick to buying from stores i think. i naively thought products would come with a warranty when sold as new.

Back
Top Bottom