*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

Associate
I just saw you can save £200 trading in an old apple device I have an SE I am using it comes up as £50 plus extra £150 dsicount. Then its £1399, I might do that as that's quite a good saving.
I also have 10% discount codes that you can use on top - message me if you would like one.

Associate
Thanks for the code!!! Top man!! I got the 512GB Z fold 3 for £1349!!! awesome!! including the £79 Case and S Pen and 1 year of the Care plus thing
Awesome. You’re welcome buddy.

I got the 256GB version for £1198 with a trade of a broken S8 plus 5% TCB. Hope you used Samsung Pay for a further 5%.

Associate
awesome!!! No I didn't have a samsung handset to use Samsung Pay!! I am happy with the discount I got though, that's great for the 512gb version!!
Brilliant. Now the wait until it arrives. First time for me and the Fold - was tempted last year but decided iPhone 12PM

Soldato
So unlike the Fold 2 it looks like Samsung have gone Exynos for European markets and GSM are saying that whilst performance is close, the Exynos will throttle quicker and harder than the SD.

Soldato
So unlike the Fold 2 it looks like Samsung have gone Exynos for European markets and GSM are saying that whilst performance is close, the Exynos will throttle quicker and harder than the SD.
do you have a link with this info?

All the tech sites are saying it will only come with the SD888

example:
https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-z-fold-3-processor-flip-3-samsung-2733023/

only LinusTechTips has mentioned Exynos for outside the US but they are saying he got his info wrong.

Ordered me a 512Gb Fold3 with Watch4 Classic. First folding/flip phone for me in a very very long time (motorola microtac ii)

Associate
If that’s true then my pre-order will be cancelled. On the Samsung UK site, it mentions the SD chip in the specs.

Edit, CPWH mentions Qualcomm SM8350 under processor specs.

Associate
Wow looking at the prices you guys are getting the fokd 3 for, the Note 20 ultra was £1179 @ launch so well done
AFAIK the Fold 3 is Snapdragon 888 in all regions, I saw the Linus video also and thought where is he getting his info!

Associate
Was showing my wife the various Fold unboxing/review videos and her first response was “if Apple did one I’d probably get it”.

I expect that will be the same opinion of the general public.

Samsung are doing a great job with every iteration of these it has to be said.

Soldato
Seen the Fold 3 in store today and disappointed. The under camera is still clearly visible, I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't looking at the Fold 2 and was slightly distracting as you could see it flicker when screen is loading. Maybe it will be less visible when not under bright store lighting.

I went to the Three shop on Saturday whilst in town as they were the only ones who had a working display sample and have to say I came away feeling a little disappointed. The line down the middle of the screen once it's opened I find a little annoying (looked at a Fold2 the previous weekend and hoped they would have made this a little better but I guess if you want a foldable device that's what you have to put up with) and the camera quality seemed pretty poor even compared with my S10+. The in-screen camera was notably visible although as with Smokedog it was a highly lit store but it was obvious it was there.

I think I'm going to pass on this one and see what Apple or Google bring next - failing that S22 Ultra for me in Jan.

Back
Top Bottom