RTX3080 12Pin PCIe Connector

Associate
Aside from getting custom cables by Cablemod and the like, can you get the 12 pin connectors/terminals separately so you can custom mod the cables yourselves?

Can't seem to find any unless i#m not looking in the right place.

Soldato
corsair sell a 12pin cable that has 2 8pin plugs that go into thier psu's cable lenght is 300mm+ (in black only though) they work with gen 3/4 corsair psu's only though, other than that cablemod or moddiy are your next best options for custom cables

Soldato
corsair sell a 12pin cable that has 2 8pin plugs that go into thier psu's cable lenght is 300mm+ (in black only though) they work with gen 3/4 corsair psu's only though, other than that cablemod or moddiy are your next best options for custom cables
Its weird, some people in the forum said their SF750's came with a 12pin nvidia cable. I questioned Corsair about it and they said that the psu doesn't come with it and you have to buy it separately!

Permabanned
Hmm could see if the PSU was released before the 3000 series but it was not, I bought the cable for my 3090 FE+AX1600i

Soldato
Its weird, some people in the forum said their SF750's came with a 12pin nvidia cable. I questioned Corsair about it and they said that the psu doesn't come with it and you have to buy it separately!

my sf 750 didn't, had to order direct from corsair and then they screwed up delivery which was nice, a good 2 week delay at customs

Soldato
my sf 750 didn't, had to order direct from corsair and then they screwed up delivery which was nice, a good 2 week delay at customs
Nice lol, did you pay for the cable? Some said they got it for free, some didn't its really unclear. I mean i don't need it but would be nice to bundle together if i ever sold it.

Soldato
lol true, i needed it because of my fe 3090, i had the adaptor but man it was bulky and ugly
Yeah they really don't think about aesthetics much when it comes to cable management, great looking card and design but zero thoughts on cable placement and design on that part.

Associate
OP

ahh thats a shame... even Corsair's cable isn't much different and looks ugly. Can't justify buying that and resleeving it

Soldato
Was sure some photos showed it at the end of the 3080 Ti FE but may have been leaks.
Nah its in the same annoying place as the 3080, 3070ti, 3070 etc. Can understand why its there as the pcb is so short. Wonder if they will implement the same design for 4000 series.

Soldato
Nah its in the same annoying place as the 3080, 3070ti, 3070 etc. Can understand why its there as the pcb is so short. Wonder if they will implement the same design for 4000 series.

god i hope not though i worry we may need 2*12pins for the nvidia card if the power draw goes over 450 that will be absolute madness or 4 8pin's on aib cards

Associate
OP
spoke too soon. Managed to source these 12pin connectors and ordered a couple. Will see if they are truly the mini ones when they arrive.

Associate
I got mine from MODDIY for my 3080.

Dual PSU 8pin to Nvidia 12pin, 20cm individually sleeved black.

It is about a quarter of the size of the adapter plus 2x 8pin gpu cable combo :cry:

Took less than a week to arrive from Hong Kong and cost £13 which for me is less than buying the individual parts. I think they will sleeve the cables in whatever colour combo you want. But I got it in black to match the rest of the individually sleeved cables that came with the Corsair SF750 in my SFFPC.

The official Corsair one is really ugly. No cable length choice and single braid for the whole cable...

Back
Top Bottom