***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Just bought myself the Empire State Building Set (21046) from Zavvi to stave off CoVid boredom (myself and eldest have it so we're all locked up until a week on Thursday).

Should be almost 2ft tall when complete so will be a decent display model as well, will post a pic when I've completed it.

Soldato
Why is Lego fast shipping so damn expensive.. £21 for the Shuttle. Ordered from Smyth's, £3 next day.

That and their stock checker is rubbish, got to store first thing and no stock until Friday. Despite the site saying they have it.

Caporegime
YXw9n5i.jpg

Not in anyway positioned finally. But these shelves are predominantly for my lego technic cars.
I've had the lambo in box for ages. Now can start building.

Plan is to 3d print some wedge shapes to make the detail more visible and elevate the cars at an angle.
Run some mains LED strips along each shelf etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is Lego fast shipping so damn expensive.. £21 for the Shuttle. Ordered from Smyth's, £3 next day.

That and their stock checker is rubbish, got to store first thing and no stock until Friday. Despite the site saying they have it.

It comes from Belgium, their free option is only 48 hours from date of dispatch which isn’t exactly a huge hardship in the grand scheme of things.

The bigger point is that they only sell for RRP, most sets can be had cheaper elsewhere in time but that’s nothing new.

Don

A better consideration is how is Smyths able to ship something for £3 next day without making a loss? The shuttle is hardly a small parcel...

Caporegime
@413x I like you're shelves. Are they homemade? I'm going to guess BSP pipe fittings or similar? How does the clamping to the wood work? Is it simply pipe unions onto a threaded section?

Not home Made. But semi custom.(length,height) Couldn't do the pipe work.

There's a mini (5cm.+ thread) in the middle of the shelves that the small Union joins to either end.

So pipes Go straight through. To be honest, it was dead simple to build apart from some questionable threading where had to almost grind the two threads.

Could I have made it myself? Probably. But I'd need tools, wood etc. And mainly piping threads.

I did not know you could get this piping! It would probably have been cheaper to do myself! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally finished this beast, it's an absolute monster of a kit. Not the easiest of builds purely due to its size and the amount of small parts but the instructions were all good, amazing value for money seeing the piece count and how long it takes to assemble.

Made a nice change from Technic sets.

EDIT : Updated image hosting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom