*** HP Reverb G2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
My new cable has been shipped today. i confirmed that it was new type cable.

I had to provide a copy of my invoice and a pic of the s/n sticker on the headset. I also was asked a bunch of questions, e.g. mobo type, what problems are you experiencing, did i update the bios etc.

Associate
@Zeeflyboy New cable turned up today, except for the power/converter box which is about 30% bigger than the old one (still as flat). The box has a button on it, as well as a white LED light to indicate that it's powered. all other aspects appear to be the same.

Associate
@Zeeflyboy New cable turned up today, except for the power/converter box which is about 30% bigger than the old one (still as flat). The box has a button on it, as well as a white LED light to indicate that it's powered. all other aspects appear to be the same.

What’s the part number to the new cable if you don’t ind me asking ?

Associate
Part number is: M52188-001
Part description is: SPS-CA ACTIVE 6M BLACK /W SWITCH
This new cable with the switch, does anyone know how much they are to buy (can't find a price on hp's website). I can't get one under warranty as I bought my g2 second hand.

Soldato
I just came here to say people get a free upgrade however seems i am late to the party.

They are OOS right now however i am now in the queue for a new cable as soon as they come in...... will be nice to be able to use my mobo usb.

well chuffed with that :) (and also means will have a spare, albeit not as good cable if something happens to this one.........)

Soldato
I'm afraid not. You are instructed to put the old cable back in the box the new one comes with. You'll get an email when it's ready to ship explaining the returns procedure.

oh right ok... that is a bummer but i can live with it... thanks for letting me know.. it is not what the HP employee said on redit but i guess it makes sense as it stops dodgy cables staying on the market and giving the headset a bad rep but i imagine these will just go in the bin which is a shame

edit just read more messages on reddit (boy do i not like how reddit is organised) and what you say is mirrored there. it was confirmed later in thread that you DO have to send the cable back after all..... if i happened not to get around to it, i wonder if they would care?

Last edited:
Associate
if i happened not to get around to it, i wonder if they would care
it says in the email,
Important – Return procedure
HP, in most cases, requires the return of the good and/or defective parts associated with your CSR event. HP encourages you to return the part within three days of receipt.
Failure to return the part may result in the billing for the cost of the replacement part.
i saw, "in most cases..." but alas I got another email with more instructions later on and there was a returns label in the box.

Soldato
Finally had enough of the audio switching issues, it really likes to crash MSFS as it reconnects too. Oddly enough recently if the headset is plugged in and turned on sometimes it'll stop certain keys from working on my keyboard lol... I noticed when I was typing and all my words had no "c"s!

Called HP support today and have to say process was fairly painless. Few basic questions and then just took my details for where I wanted the new cable shipped... it's on backorder so hopefully they are pumping them out a a decent rate!

Soldato
i applied for mine a few days ago, got the back order mail, then last night got another email saying they expect new stock on the 20th of Aug so fingers crossed not too long.

Soldato
Being lazy here, g2 owner and can’t find the warranty info. What’s the standard warranty on the G2?

Not had any issues yet with the cable but feels like it might be inevitable and I should gun for a new one like you lot......?

Soldato
I would say there is a point, but no immediate rush.

Ultimately even if you have no issues personally, when you eventually come to resell buyers may well look for the v2 cable and have issues themselves with the v1 leading to grief when reselling and they say it isn’t working, returns, crying, refunds etc. Alternatively you may upgrade computer in the next year or two and find suddenly you’re the one having problems but now out of warranty.

Even if I wasn’t having issues I’d be requesting a v2 personally due to that. I’d certainly wait a bit longer though so that those that really need them can get them first. Ultimately though the v1 is clearly a marginal design, so I certainly wouldn’t feel bad about making HP replace it regardless.

Soldato
indeed....... ideally every single unit should automatically get a new cable however when applying for it we should have to fill in a part where we state how urgently we need it....

imagine i have an intel system or use the VRport on the back of my Turing RTX and all is well, but in 12 months time and just out of warranty i upgrade to an AMD system and a new RTXcard without VRLink.... then i am snookered.

(as it happens that is already the system i have so i do need a cable asap)

Soldato
Thanks for the replies folks. What is the standard warranty though, how many years?

I currently have my headset plugged into a usb3 hub with switches so I can turn the ****** off essentially, and this is plugged into a usb3 port on my MSI b560 torpedo motherboard. Only very recently upgraded my whole system to an 11700, b560, 3090 etc, and won’t be changing for years all being well.

Thinking about it, the only possible issue I’ve had is sometimes, and very randomly, I get a blue screen in my headset. Flashes on and off for a few seconds. Does that sound like a cable issue?

Back
Top Bottom