Where to sell JDM import

Man of Honour
Beyond Facebook, forums, Pistonheads and eBay, are there any other places to sell JDM cars? I'm loathed to try Autotrader as the car doesn't show up right and it screws up the recommended values. I was wondering if any new JDM specific sites have shown up recently, or perhaps sites for track modified cars?

OcUK Staff
Trackstormers cars and parts for sale page is good place on Facebook.

A 1of1 Peridot Green GT4 was put up last week at £68,000 which was well priced and I was tempted, an hour later I had decided I’m gonna ask some questions but it had already sold.

Lots of nice track and stock cars get posted and seem to sell.

Other one is collecting cars but set a reserve and read the small print.

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers Gibbo I will check that out, I'd found another track car page on there but I'm still awaiting approval to join.

OcUK Staff
DC5 prices are crazy!

I need to drop down to a single car for various reasons.

Take advantage I say especially if its a car you rarely use, if prices are bonkers, advertise it a couple of grand above current going rate, still a chance it may sell.

Man of Honour
OP
Take advantage I say especially if its a car you rarely use, if prices are bonkers, advertise it a couple of grand above current going rate, still a chance it may sell.
269 miles in the past year, mostly to the garage and back for servicing/gearbox work. A change of circumstances mean I don't really have the time to go and do as many track days as what I used to. An F80 M3 which I plan to get will be more than enough for a single car that's practical, chuck in a set of RS29's or similar and I can do the odd Spa pilgrimage or track day in the UK. Plus I'll have teeth and no headache after driving there!

OcUK Staff
269 miles in the past year, mostly to the garage and back for servicing/gearbox work. A change of circumstances mean I don't really have the time to go and do as many track days as what I used to. An F80 M3 which I plan to get will be more than enough for a single car that's practical, chuck in a set of RS29's or similar and I can do the odd Spa pilgrimage or track day in the UK. Plus I'll have teeth and no headache after driving there!

F80 M3 be as much fun in track and a vastly superior road car.

My mate has an R34 Skyline and he keeps telling me how much it’s worth abs my response is well don’t be a plonker and keep it, get it sold and buy your dream car which I think for him is a Performante.

If our old Datsuns can drop us in some Italian exotica I say get it done. :D

Soldato
What are DC5 prices like now out of interest?

I sold my 2004 arctic blue one with a few mods on about 50k miles for 9k 8 years ago, I'm guessing I'll seriously regret what they're going for now if i look it up?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
What are DC5 prices like now out of interest?

I sold my 2004 arctic blue one with a few mods on about 50k miles for 9k 8 years ago, I'm guessing I'll seriously regret what they're going for now if i look it up?

About £10-15k worth of potential regret...

I sold my M2 for what I paid for it and had I hung on just a bit longer I'd have turned a tidy profit I reckon. Hindsight and all that!

OcUK Staff

I sold my M2 for what I paid for it and had I hung on just a bit longer I'd have turned a tidy profit I reckon. Hindsight and all that!

Yep its a sellers market right now, not great if your trying to buy something, I keep looking at stuff but I might as well just forget it until Winter as I am sure on some marques the bubble is gonna burst, I am hoping the first to go is Porsche as thats where I am looking. :D

Soldato

hmm yeah :(

Saying that i'm sure it'd have cost me a pretty penny to keep that car for 8 years and it not be a total shed by now, so silver lining and all that.

Man of Honour
OP
bubble is gonna burst
I was speaking to @DRZ about this today. I'm not entirely sure it's just because of the microchip shortage. I think a lot of it is down to the massive drive for electric cars and any new remotely exciting petrol car is a vast sum of money (£80k for an M3) and then there's the VED to consider. I'm not so sure it's going to burst when people think if at all.

OcUK Staff
I was speaking to @DRZ about this today. I'm not entirely sure it's just because of the microchip shortage. I think a lot of it is down to the massive drive for electric cars and any new remotely exciting petrol car is a vast sum of money (£80k for an M3) and then there's the VED to consider. I'm not so sure it's going to burst when people think if at all.

There is also that possibility, the future on cars is boring, yes they will be mental fast, but boring.
I should have put feelers out for a Speciale six months ago, seems I have missed the boat on finding a RHD example for sub 250k, they are now all 300k plus and I do think the Speciale is the next F40 that in 10 years plus will be 1M plus, so it in some ways might just be worth paying a bit over for one as I can drive it lots and in theory not lose any money and potentially make quite a bit.

I have my Emira order on and am pretty early in the queue so that should be a solid purchase if I go ahead been a V6 manual, but I have been eying up a Cayman and looking at the R, GTS and GT4 or maybe just jump into a GT3.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Contact someone like Torque GT on the possibility of them selling on your behalf, or see what they'll give you straight up?

but I have been eying up a Cayman and looking at the R, GTS and GT4 or maybe just jump into a GT3.

Friend of mine bought a new Cayman GTS a few months ago now. It got written off after a few weeks, he got 6k more on the payout than he paid for it!

Associate

Sounds like an upgrade all-round.

The F80 will be faster and more fun on track and a much better road car to boot!

Back
Top Bottom