**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
Lol more BS.

PERFECT SLEEP, I HAVE NARCOLEPSY!

Why exactly is it literally impossible for anyone in the UK to believe that someone can be tired all the time despite having zero sleep issues? Why is this always misdiagnosed as depression?
This is a thread for support and advice, please can you make an effort to keep it civil? It's not a place for GD arguments.

Associate
You can literally pick up any psychology text book and look up fatigue / depression with fatigue / depression with insomnia, I already have.

Fatigue is the opposite to insomnia.

SSRIs and other knockout drugs work for insomnia.

Fatigue with normal sleep needs stims.

Apparently the UK is the only country in the whole world where you cant be fatigued or tired all the time on top of normal sleep.

When my family would take me to whatever family events, since around 12 years onld all I would do is be passed out on the sofa unable to move. When I tried doing any social crap at uni, my head ends up slumped on a table resulting in all the bouncers prodding me thinking I'm just drunk. I try to go to a lecture, head on desk zzzzz. I try working? Multiple collapses and / or cant even move a muscle out of bed in the mornings due to sleep paralysis.

'YOU HAVE DEPRESSION, HERES 50 MEDICATIONS THAT WILL ALL KNOCK YOU OUT REAL GOOD!'.

The only thing I ever said to doctors since 20 years ago is that I am tired all the time and always feel like I am going to collapse and pass out. 'YOU HAVE DEPRESSION!'.

OFC I'm the person that's wrong, not the 20+ years of clinical neglect.

Ok, you tell me how could you ever meet anybody if you are bedbound your whole life and cannot even step out of your front door?

Also I'm not an incel, that term is just the only one normies are familiar with. Im a 'mental-cel', which means being unable to meet people due to actual disability.

Last edited:
Associate
Its no wonder everything is diagnosed as depression.

If you tell any clinician in the UK you have mental health concerns, the only thing you are asked about is suicidal and self harm questions.

The NHS only recognises 'depression / anxiety' as 'mental health'. Anxiety is what they diagnose simply when you aren't suicidal.

When you straight up tell a doctor 'No its not that, I need full mental health testing', they are beyond confused as to what more you are asking for because they have already given you all the mental health testing' they think they can. The only reason a lot of people think they are depressed is because thats all the NHS diagnoses for anyone with any other mental health concern. And then if you do manage to get referred to sleep or asd clinics and such, those referrals routinely get cancelled because they state theres no evidence that you have that.

A 20 question or so quiz on how you're feeling and if you want to die is 100% of the NHS's solution to any and all mental health issues. This quiz is the only thing they have ever given me many times over when I tell them I have any 'mental health' issues including and mainly fatigue and zero energy.

Capodecina
Soldato
@BallistixOnZ490 can you stop polluting this thread with your incessant complaining. This thread is supposed to make people feel better and want to come in to get help for mental health issues, not avoid it. You've taken it over. You're doing what you do in every thread, which is make it about you and your health problems.

I'm sorry you're having issues but please, please calm it down.

Associate
@BallistixOnZ490 can you stop polluting this thread with your incessant complaining. This thread is supposed to make people feel better and want to come in to get help for mental health issues, not avoid it. You've taken it over. You're doing what you do in every thread, which is make it about you and your health problems.

I'm sorry you're having issues but please, please calm it down.

OP literally says:

and just talk about whatever's on our minds regarding mental health.

So feel free to let it all out!

This literally is the thread to talk all about yourself. Everybody in this thread talks about themselves lol. You are just annoyed for your precious NHS being called out for what it is.

And seriously, imagine entering a 'mental health thread' and telling people to calm down. You straight up exemplify exactly how useful the NHS is in regards to mental health issues.

Capodecina
Soldato
This literally is the thread to talk all about yourself. Everybody in this thread talks about themselves lol. You are just annoyed for your precious NHS being called out for what it is.

And seriously, imagine entering a 'mental health thread' and telling people to calm down. You straight up exemplify exactly how useful the NHS is in regards to mental health issues.

I'm just going to put you on ignore because you do nothing but rant. You literally add nothing to this forum apart from complaints. And when I tried to help you you called me an "NHS shill". Off you go.

Soldato
I’m am very anxious- esp at work with idiots not listening to us, deliveries all over the place and short staff.

I’m full time and the only one on my dept. So I have to put up with this 1.5-2.5 times more than others. On mild antidepressants.

im going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off sick and a few days on annual leave. Not looking forward to it at all. At least it’s 18 shifts before I’m on annual leave again

Soldato
So went to my GP and asked him to speak with the local mental health team so that I would get an appointment to speak with someone but I got turned down by the local mental health team saying they dont really like to label someone and told me to speak to Icope which could take the best part of a year to actually get an appointment with an actual person/therapist or at least thats what I was told by them on the phone a couple of days back I think thats what they said anyway as I couldnt really understand the person on the other end of the line as he was speaking so fast and loud I just gave the phone to the wife and I still have to do a 45 minute phone call with them in the week I think my time might be better spent going out and buying some new headphones.

Soldato
I have a private appointment with a psychiatrist in the coming weeks as I do not feel that my doctor is able to give me the help I need. I didn't need a referral to book this appointment but they have advised that a GP will not necessarily follow what they recommend and as frustrating as that may be I believe that having an accurate diagnosis and understanding will help me.

Soldato
Interesting article I came across. It says lack of sleep looks like anxiety on brain scans. That explains why I'm a wreck if I get little sleep, I can barely operate.

https://www.popsci.com/sleep-deprivation-brain-activity/

Every single negative aspect of my life feels like its 1000x worse when I don't get enough sleep. I can believe this.

My issue is that I'm fully aware that I need ~9 hours sleep to feel refreshed, but I get frustrated at losing out on evenings and I end up staying awake too late and having too little sleep. Then the cycle begins of tiredness leading to negative thinking, which in turn leads to less sleep.

Soldato
I don't know what that means, but ill take it over crippling anxiety.
Be careful what you wish for as Pregabalin sent me psychotic! Obviously this doesn't necessarily mean it won't work for you or have a positive effect, but just be cautious as medication seems to be a guessing game with doctors in the hope that something will work.

Soldato
Interesting article I came across. It says lack of sleep looks like anxiety on brain scans. That explains why I'm a wreck if I get little sleep, I can barely operate.

I can empathise. I get awful anxiety which can affect my sleep and lead to insomnia. For me what really helps is clean living and plenty of exercise and if I get bombarded with intrusive thoughts during the night I'll begrudgingly take a Benzodiazepine.

Capodecina
Soldato

If I don't sleep properly I get very short-tempered and intolerant the next day. Sleep is one of the most important things for me. I often think of taking the day off work if I don't sleep well the night before. It pretty much affects everything I do.

Capodecina
Soldato
Was due to go to my therapy appointment yesterday afternoon and ended up cross-checking everything in the flat repeatedly before leaving [again]. In anxiety on exit I mashed my head on the corner of the front door and starting bleeding, so had to recuperate and cancel the appointment by emailing my therapist and telling her I'd injured myself. She immediately called me, probably concerned that I had slit my wrists or something.

Spent the rest of the day in bed. What is wrong with me at the moment.

Better mood today.. I bought some iced buns with raspberry jam in them :) I did say I liked iced buns!

I like the plain ones myself. Haven't had any for a while, though now I'm tempted to.

Caporegime
I know anxiety can be bad a day after a fairly heavy drinking session, but does anyone else get it lingering around for days after? Had a few Saturday night and am feeling it pretty badly right now.

Capodecina
Soldato
I know anxiety can be bad a day after a fairly heavy drinking session, but does anyone else get it lingering around for days after? Had a few Saturday night and am feeling it pretty badly right now.

I've had this weird experience recently whereby the morning after a social occasion, and some days after, I start questioning whether the person I was with actually enjoyed it and whether I should have gone at all. This doesn't seem to be related to drinking though, as I get it even after an evening where I didn't drink. I think it's just self-doubt in general, maybe related to OCD.

To answer your question, yes, it can linger for a few days afterwards. I try not to pay too much attention to it.

Back
Top Bottom