Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
Thx , I have the 40mm watch active 2 atm which i am trading in for the 42mm classic. As i wear the watch all the time including during sleep the watch active 2 has been perfect can't feel it on my wrist. I am hoping the same the Galaxy watch 4 classic 42mm

The galaxy watch 4 classic has a thicker depth. and the rotating bezel. it will be a lot thicker. i noticed the difference going from the watch 46mm to the active 2 i am currently wearing. Also, I'm betting the classic will also be heavier

nam

nam

Soldato
The galaxy watch 4 classic has a thicker depth. and the rotating bezel. it will be a lot thicker. i noticed the difference going from the watch 46mm to the active 2 i am currently wearing. Also, I'm betting the classic will also be heavier

46.5 g for the 42mm Classic Watch 4 vs 26g for the Galaxy Watch active 2 40mm

Associate
42mm classic for me. Small wrists so felt the 46mm would be too big and I wanted the classic look.

42mm here with my small wrists also. Tried a 46mm in-store and as much as I loved the big size it just didn't sit right (I know I'll prob regret this :D)

How small is small ? Mine measures (roughly) at 18.5cm , So debating whether i've made the right choice with 46mm !!

Soldato
42mm here with my small wrists also. Tried a 46mm in-store and as much as I loved the big size it just didn't sit right (I know I'll prob regret this :D)
I went for the silver. Don't like the white strap on it though so will get a brown or black leather one as soon as possible. I think they look better on a silver watch.

Soldato
So you need a Samsung phone to use some features.
cant watch the vid right now, would you mind saying which functions require a samsung phone?

e: found this - "Other Android users will not have access to measurements, including the ECG, which requires the Samsung Health Monitor app. Blood pressure measurements are also exclusive to Samsung smartphones and are currently extremely restricted."

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-watch-4-limitations-2735721/

Soldato
I think my Ticwatch Pro 3 will be my last smartwatch :(

The total lack of support for WearOS from Google is shameful

No replacement for Play Music
Cannot use voice assistant to make calls from contacts list (been broken since March)
Cannot use voice assistant to make texts from contacts list (been broken since March)
Cannot use voice assistant to navigate (been broken since March)

I paid the extra for the LTE variant AND £7 a month extra on my phone contract for basically a watch that can only receive calls ...

other bits are broken but those are the main ones for me.

The issues have been raised on the Google support groups AND the Issue tracker website but are being ignored.

Back
Top Bottom