Guess whether it's true or not?

Man of Honour
A slightly unusual one - but I've actually flown alone with a nation's King at the controls of the air craft.

Associate
I used to work in a post office in Milton Keynes and Emma Stone came in to post a parcel. She asked me if it's possible to do a first class post. I said of course and asked her if she'd like a first class date. She said sure, why not. So I wined and dined her at the Dorchester hotel. We dated for about 6 months until I bumped into Margot Robbie who was struggling to change a tyre on her car. I asked her if she needed any help and she said oh thank you, that would be great. So I changed her tyre and then asked her if she'd like me to drive her to lunch at the Savoy and she agreed. We've been together ever since. She's reading this thread now with me.

Hands down true and if it isn't I'll get a divorce from Kristen Bell.

Soldato
I got blown up once in Iraq and slept through it, the guys in the tent next to me had to dig me out of the rubble and found me still snoring. I took some pics of the destruction the next day and I'm amazed I survived let alone stayed asleep!

I've also slept through numerous fire alarms (luckily all false) because I sleep like a MoFo! :D

Man of Honour
I vaguely recall reading about that...IIRC he works for KLM and flies commercial passenger planes at least often enough to keep his (genuine, earned) certification for it. Was that it?

Yeah - I hopped on an early morning shuttle flight from Amsterdam to Bristol and the plane was completely empty - was like having my own private jet. Didn't actually realise he was the Dutch King until afterwards though.

Man of Honour
I was once so lucky that I won a lottery I hadn't even bought a ticket for. I've got the email to prove it.

But I didn't get my winnings because when the courier tried to deliver them at 7 am on a sunday there were roadworks and they couldn't get to my house.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
At my last job I was given a hire car, a ticket from Dover to France and sent on my way from Portsmouth to France to turn something off and off again. I enjoyed expensed dinners and everything.

Soldato
That's how I spelt it initially, and Chrome corrected. Checking a dictionary, I see now that whether it's a double r or not is dependent on whether you're using it as a noun or adjective - which is interesting. I can't, off the top of my head, think of any other word with a similar rule.

As I found out a couple months ago, to attach or append a document is annex (verb) however the noun form is annexe.

Back
Top Bottom