How much is your water bill?

Soldato
Looking forward to the next Scam thread. Some predictions:

1. Does anyone else have to put the bins out, every week?

Hope not cos if his council area is like mine, we have to have our bins out PRIOR to 7am the day of collection. I occasionally hear bins rumbling about after 11pm and between 6 and 7am. I've got the police on speed dial though so I'm fine :p

Soldato
Ask South West Water... It's always been high since living in this part of the country (at various addresses)... As far as I can tell we don't waste water excessively

Is that fixed rate or metered?

If the latter then you should have a rough idea of how much water you are using.

Soldato
Hope not cos if his council area is like mine, we have to have our bins out PRIOR to 7am the day of collection. I occasionally hear bins rumbling about after 11pm and between 6 and 7am. I've got the police on speed dial though so I'm fine :p
Before 7am on the day! That's insane - I thought only Sainsbury's made noise before 7am?

Soldato
OP
Ask South West Water... It's always been high since living in this part of the country (at various addresses)... As far as I can tell we don't waste water excessively
Blimey, how does it compare to your neighbours etc? There's paying over the odds for utilities etc, then there's that! That's getting on for the costs of what you could call "luxuries" - like a Sky subscription or something :confused:

Soldato
Blimey, how does it compare to your neighbours etc? There's paying over the odds for utilities etc, then there's that! That's getting on for the costs of what you could call "luxuries" - like a Sky subscription or something :confused:

I think it is a little bit higher than some of our friends so we probably do waste a little water, but the average around here according to SWW is £45 I think and most people I know seem to be anywhere between £50 and £60 so it's definitely an expensive part of the country - it is because of the beaches, maintaining the quality swimming waters, at least that's what SWW claim

Associate
Going by my last 6 month bill (metered) I pay £150 per year in water and sewage on a 1 bed flat with just me living here. According to the average I’m using about half what a person living alone would use.

Caporegime
Just had a look.
Been paying 31ppm for 18 months.
And in credit by 150.
So new dd is 11.5ppm

So I'm guessing we use 25ppm?

Whenever I've moved I've always insisted on a meter.
it's absolutely better to be on a meter for us. As the house is a 3 bed detached I'd be much higher projected figure without a meter

Soldato
Just had a look.
Been paying 31ppm for 18 months.
And in credit by 150.
So new dd is 11.5ppm

So I'm guessing we use 25ppm?

Whenever I've moved I've always insisted on a meter.
it's absolutely better to be on a meter for us. As the house is a 3 bed detached I'd be much higher projected figure without a meter

Aye mines £65 a month unmetered and likely to be half that metered (was in the old house). I feel however that one dodgy leaking toilet etc would cost me significantly, thus I haven't bothered (and in future likely to have kids etc)

Soldato
Living in the south west which has the highest water rates. 1 bed flat a few years ago, £73pm unmetered, switched to a meter and paid £11 a month (living alone, working full time, using a launderette). Had an argument with SWW as 3 bed back in Sheffield was £35pm unmetered, no point really just ended up switching to a meter ASAP.

Now have a 3 bed terrace, 2 people, £85 unmetered, switched to a meter. Was £36pm now £50pm since wfh the past 16 months.

Soldato
I went to check mine as wereve averaging 90 a month. There's a load of sand and cement covering the meter though:mad: (has block paving fitted in april). I'm going to attack it this weekend to hopefully get at it.

I haz 4090!
Don
My last one was £105 for six months. I think the highest it's been was about £120 over the same period. 4 bedroom house but I live alone so the water usage isn't massive.

Back
Top Bottom