• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
common practice on console launch, it gets people to double dip when the later black model comes out.

I do wonder what the benefit is to sony as I think profit margins are slim at best per console, but it could be an effective way to get poorer people into the eco system, the people who got at launch, buy again when black mid gen model comes out, and then sell what they have for cheaper for the poorer people to buy and then they in the eco system.
Clever if so, but isn't there only the wii and the 360 that's done that?

Associate
Can I register advance interest for a VIP code (if they're a regular thing).

Ordered a PS5 for a friend's birthday last week from that big forest place. Delivered me a sealed box with three water bottles :rolleyes:. Initially refused refund/replacement - wild.

He thought I was taking the mick when he opened the box.

So back to jumping on alerts :(

Associate

Ordered a PS5 for a friend's birthday last week from that big forest place. Delivered me a sealed box with three water bottles :rolleyes:. Initially refused refund/replacement - wild.

Try the B T shop, i got one for my grandchildren that way.

Soldato
Original PS4 was white/cream colour that I remember.
It was black at launch. I'm trying to think back when the Destiny white one launched - I'm thinking maybe around Sept after launch. A quick Google says that the glacier white PS4 from Sony came out a year after launch. There may have been others but those are the early ones that I remember.

Soldato
Clever if so, but isn't there only the wii and the 360 that's done that?

In reality it's nothing to do with getting people to "double dip", it means they can focus manufacturing on a limited number of SKUs and ship as many as possible instead of having to get distributors and retailers to deal (or not, as the case may be) with multiple versions due to colour variations etc.

Plus the colour is, at this early stage, a key part of the brand and product recognition.

Associate

CeX have digital versions in stock at the moment if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom