I will never buy from a competitor again

Associate
DPD and royal mail are probably the best in my area, but like some of the above comments, it depends on the driver you get. I recognise my usual DPD get on very well as he shows up every week for other parcels - even walked all the way down the street when my road was getting tarmacked. In other cases, they like to take parcels around the garden, take a picture, and not bother knocking and leaving the parcel in the rain.

Soldato
What's the benefit to drivers not delivering? Surely it would be a red mark against them when customers inevitably complain and also more costly for a return trip.

Not doubting, just curious.

Associate
What's the benefit to drivers not delivering? Surely it would be a red mark against them when customers inevitably complain and also more costly for a return trip.

Back in the day some drivers would just report a missing parcel, and just keep it in their van and take it home. Depot will probably make them pay for it, but so what, they wouldn't have had to scan sites for GPUs to win the checkout lottery.
Im sure things have changed since then though.

Associate

Nothing it seems! After two weeks of procrastinating and various lip service emails and calls from Yodhell, they didn’t even send the driver back out to the wrong address to attempt to recover the parcel, weaving a web of contradiction from various reps. They’ll just stall with emails and calls and then eventually say too much time has passed for recovery.

I can’t say I’m surprised one bit. It’s as if David Brent was matey with the depot. No investigation, no warnings, no ombudsman, no regulatory body.

I feel like logging it with police as theft even though I’m not out of pocket. In an ideal world, you’d would think the wrong address would have the honesty to spot the address label and go knock and deliver it to rightful place.

A lot of the time you can make enquiries about which courier a company will use, other times it may be done through a shipping broker that involves handover to various couriers in transit, moreso with international but can be national too.

Soldato
A few years back OcUK tried another courier for the "free" forum delivery and they were absolutely abysmal, I can't remember who they were but i'm glad they went back to using DPD for the majority.

Back
Top Bottom