Had a massive stroke jan 2020

Soldato
Damn dude. Sorry to hear this, thank you for posting, really adds some humanity to stories like this when you hear about them in passing.

Glad you kept your memories! Hopefully it won’t be long before you are back in action or working through what ever is doesn’t work and back into anything you now desire to be into!

Associate
That's awful to hear, it's so weird to come across this post randomly. I also has a stroke in January 2020, caused by a haemorrhage also in the right side of my brain. Caused by extremely high blood pressure. The day after, event with IV blood pressure meds my BP was still over 220/140. I was getting up off the toilet in work when my entire left side just collapsed. I could barely get up using my right leg/arm/shoulder for balance, but I couldn't open the door, it had a twist latch above and a door handle below and I could only operate one at a time. Also, could not shout, not sure if this was stroke related or panic. I ended up opening the top latch with my mouth and handle with my right hand while leaning all my weight on the door. Subsequently fell through, luckily someone was nearby and saw me, called an ambulance immediately. I was extremely lucky, after some physio which started almost immediately my body recovered and you would never know it had happened. The only real thing I notice is that the left side of my body is always a lot colder then the right, this has been chalked up to less blood flow that side.

Hope you can recover with time mate!

Caporegime
its not like I'm doing that much with my right hand, masturbation is surprisingly messy with only one hand, lol, puts me right off, :D

Posh **** mate!

Much cleaner :p

Would eye tracking kit be any good for helping with gaming seems to be a new thing that's becoming mainstream.

Soldato
OP
off the toilet in work when my entire left side just collapsed.
funny you should mention this, I had just had a hot bath and needed to get out for a number two, so I had half a poo and then I came to, lying next to the toilet, actually I was kinda curled around the toilet, Like I'd had a heavy night out , and had been puking before the toilet became my best friend
I couldn't get up either! the most I could do was push myself back a bit with my right arm, and that's when I really knew something was really wrong because my left arm just wouldn't join in, all, it would do was tow along as I inched backwards from the toilet..
.. at the time I thought someone was playing a trick on me and my left arm had been replaced with a joke arm!
I'm very glad to hear that you are recovering well with full mobility, that's amazing, Mine was an ischemic clot stroke btw, idk if that is worse than a bleed.. I guess at least with a bleed there is some blood around tohelp keep those brain cells alive
All the best man, thank you for the reply I appreciate hearing a similar story, it helps me feel a little less alone

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Posh **** mate!

Much cleaner :p

Would eye tracking kit be any good for helping with gaming seems to be a new thing that's becoming mainstream.
hmm, I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to get a condom on with the one hand, I'd have to ask the butler!
as for eye tracking, I'll look into it(pun) anything that could recreate wasd, would be great but I'm not sure that is the kind of thing eye tracking does? more for choosing a link that you're looking at no?

Caporegime
hmm, I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to get a condom on with the one hand, I'd have to ask the butler!
as for eye tracking, I'll look into it(pun) anything that could recreate wasd, would be great but I'm not sure that is the kind of thing eye tracking does? more for choosing a link that you're looking at no?

Yeah it's been use to highlight what your looking for or for aiming in games like the division.

So maybe a one handed keyboard for your right to wasad eye tracking for aim?

Alienware where doing it built iro laptops too

Back
Top Bottom