What watch do you wear?

Soldato
My gshock shipped out from Japan yesterday, and reached Heathrow at 7pm this evening. Should see it tomorrow or Saturday :) can’t believe how fast that was.

Soldato
Just received a lovely Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic. Very nice but the strap is too short hence having to order a replacement.

Can anyone recommend a nice but not too expensive watch stand. Just want somewhere to put it on a night time. If there is one that can hold an Apple watch (and charge it) AND a mechanical at the same time that would be even better. Pictures if you have them.

WZgEPPe.jpg

What size are your wrists? Watch Geko have some nice leather at good proces. I keep eying this watch up over the past few months. It's such an appealing piece. I kept looking at the 42mm version, but once I noticed the inner 24hr markings around the date window and how it isn't symmetrical, it bugs me. This 38mm looks better.

My gshock shipped out from Japan yesterday, and reached Heathrow at 7pm this evening. Should see it tomorrow or Saturday :) can’t believe how fast that was.

Nice! What model have you gone for?

Soldato
What size are your wrists? Watch Geko have some nice leather at good proces. I keep eying this watch up over the past few months. It's such an appealing piece. I kept looking at the 42mm version, but once I noticed the inner 24hr markings around the date window and how it isn't symmetrical, it bugs me. This 38mm looks better.

Nice! What model have you gone for?

I went for the GW-S5600U-1JF. :D liked the looked of Carbon fibre band !

Soldato
After I read your post I had a look at the G-Shock website. That model is surprisingly understated considering a number of the monstrosities I saw on there :p
If you like understated check out the GA-2100 in all black. :) I don’t have any flashy colour g-shocks. Just black for now. :D

Man of Honour
Just to add another option to the list lol, Watchgecko now sell Boldr watches and have a nice selection up - I really like this, specs and price are quite substantial given it's a Titanium case!

https://www.watchgecko.com/boldr-venture-wayfairer-carbon-black-automatic-watch

Edit*

Seen 2 limited edition collabs on CWS which look really cool and are equally nicely priced:

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/colle...mited-edition-venture-un-dark-limited-edition
+
https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/colle...imited-edition-venture-chaigo-limited-edition

The lume on the Chaigo is great:

Last edited:
Soldato
TBH I like the white gmt version (it's actually on my 'want list'), which is arguably even closer to the explorer2 in terms of design (one of the few rolex I don't actually mind) but I realised after looking at it more, and getting past the white dial, that it's probably closer to a grand seiko in terms of looks. Still much better value in either case :)

Biggest issue for me is the 39mm size which while I don't doubt will look ok on my 8 inch wrist, I still kind of feel I'd prefer it a little bigger to 'fit' my wrist better if you get me.

Do like the White Explorer 2 even with it being a smaller size

IMG-20210820-140807-01.jpg

Associate
Just received a lovely Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic. Very nice but the strap is too short hence having to order a replacement.

Can anyone recommend a nice but not too expensive watch stand. Just want somewhere to put it on a night time. If there is one that can hold an Apple watch (and charge it) AND a mechanical at the same time that would be even better. Pictures if you have them.

WZgEPPe.jpg

Nice watch there. As for the stand, I would get at separate one. I believe the Apple watch is changed via induction (magnetism) and you don't want to put mechanical watches around magnets as it throws out their timekeeping.

Back
Top Bottom