• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
yeaah

but where are the 3080s?

EOL but we have not been told yet officially by Nvidia (since the 3080ti came out there has been even less 3080s), some AIBS have clearly stated many 3080 models are now EOL, so that should give you a hint and even Gibbo has stated a few models of the 3080 are EOL on his stock situation thread.

Associate
Seems they are only producing the 3070/80ti's as its more profitable. Probably 3080 super around February with a few more cores priced at £799msrp. Squeeze the last few quid out of us before 4000 series

Associate
I try a different power plug. Same. I start getting very upset. I try something as a hail mary and, would you believe it, nothing was wrong with any of the parts in the first place at all. Do you know what the damn problem was? It just won't boot if it's only got DisplayPort plugged in with no HDMI. Plug HDMI in to the card, it's totally fine. I start laughing at how absurd it all is. How was I supposed to expect that, my old 1660 was fine with just displayport.

Yes I had/have a similar issue with my 3080Ti using Displayport! It's not quite the same, but I get no display output until the Windows logon screen, and if I try to enter the BIOS the PC locks up completely and never boots.

The solution for me is to drop down my monitor settings to Displayport version 1.2. I then get full output from the GPU during boot and can enter the BIOS fine. I leave it on DP v1.4 as that can handle higher refresh rates etc, but I still need to change the monitor settings if I ever need to get to the BIOS!

When plugged in over HDMI I have none of these issues.

My 1660 SUPER was also fine on displayport like yours was...

I think it's some weird incompatibility with my older chipset (Z370), the new GPU and the new monitor on DP v1.4.

I spent a few frustrated days working out the above! I've worked in IT support for 12 years and I would never fathom that monitor settings could cause a whole PC not to boot up...

Last edited:
Associate
Swapping PSU cables over is pretty much the easiest way to a) kill your entire machine and b) burn your house down.

Most of the major PSU vendors have charts of what cables are compatible with what, but only within their own catalogs. Absolutely do NOT use a corsair cable with an EVGA PSU for example.
think ive already been over this but thanks!:o

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Yes, it is over but we are left with legacy daft prices. Guess a £900 3070 ti isn't too daft?
no, it's not over, but what we're getting batches of specific chipsets. The chipsets which are available seem to change every month. For the drought to be over we'd be able to get every chipset, but put simply we can't. We had a couple of weeks with lots of 3060/Ti, now there are plenty of 3080Ti but not much else. Next month it might be all 3070. This isn't an end to the drought, this is just Nvidia focusing all production on one chipset at a time to boost the overall numbers. As far as pricing is concerned, there's been small reductions on some lines, mostly 3060s but the fundamental issues of raw material/component supply and extreme logistics charges still remain.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I had/have a similar issue with my 3080Ti using Displayport! It's not quite the same, but I get no display output until the Windows logon screen, and if I try to enter the BIOS the PC locks up completely and never boots.

The solution for me is to drop down my monitor settings to Displayport version 1.2. I then get full output from the GPU during boot and can enter the BIOS fine. I leave it on DP v1.4 as that can handle higher refresh rates etc, but I still need to change the monitor settings if I ever need to get to the BIOS!

When plugged in over HDMI I have none of these issues.

My 1660 SUPER was also fine on displayport like yours was...

I think it's some weird incompatibility with my older chipset (Z370), the new GPU and the new monitor on DP v1.4.

I spent a few frustrated days working out the above! I've worked in IT support for 12 years and I would never fathom that monitor settings could cause a whole PC not to boot up...

This is some very good information! I think I'll stick to using HDMI for bios but I'll try tinkering with these down the line.

Associate
Im giving up on waiting for my ordered card and i noticed that Gibbo said about posting in the CS forum so that i could buy the upgraded RTX 3080TI for a discounted price but i cant find the CS forum anywhere, can anyone help out?

Realised CS is customer support, ignore please...

Permabanned
Go to the Main Forum page > OcUK Customer Service > Order Queries > Top right Post New Thread. Just provide your order number in the message and they will get back to you most likely tomorrow.

Associate
Well after a long wait for Strix 3080 OC and being 27 in the queue I decided to upgrade to the cheapest 3080 Ti that shop had on offer and oh boy I am happy, the card arrived within 24 hours and is a beast with really good temps I thought it will be running hotter but solid 64 degrees under full load. Thank you ❤️

Soldato
Well after a long wait for Strix 3080 OC and being 27 in the queue I decided to upgrade to the cheapest 3080 Ti that shop had on offer and oh boy I am happy, the card arrived within 24 hours and is a beast with really good temps I thought it will be running hotter but solid 64 degrees under full load. Thank you ❤️

Very nice! That extra 2GB of vram into the bargain, bet it stung the old wallet though?

Associate
Very nice! That extra 2GB of vram into the bargain, bet it stung the old wallet though?
Actually the difference was covered with profits from mining on old single 1080 that i didnt use. I had access to free electric for some time and it was earning 50-60 per month, so within a year it actually added up

Associate
I've now left the OC Strix 3080 queue. I was at 277, having started at 1223 on 20 October.

I managed to be in the right place at the right time to get a 3080Ti FE at the MSRP price in June which wasn't so much more than the £880 I'd paid for the Strix. And as the old saying goes, better to have a GPU in the case than being in a queue for one.

The FE is very nice and replaces a 1060 which was struggling with a G9 Odyssey monitor (though it didn't struggle as much as I thought it would, to be fair)

I hung on in the Strix queue to see what would happen since it was my preference. But now I'm going to stop thinking about it and stop lurking on this topic.

Good luck to those still waiting and holding.

Associate
Got a 3080 TUF being delivered today, it's LHR but not bothered about mining at all.
Great gfx card, had mine for a couple of months now and no complaints! it's a beast, cool running and quiet, though does pull 340W at the wall! but only when really pushed, bandwidth 760 + gb/s what's not to like, not much room for overclocking as they are already pretty much at their limit, though you can a little, had more success undervolting ro be honest, have fun, hope you love it as much as I do, especially in this present climate:p

Back
Top Bottom