Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
No Raymond, that's still tamping just you're calling it 'compression' :p
Some people don't do any tamping (compression in your speak), just even distributing and levelling, depending on their machine and brew profile.

Who are these uncultured swine? Lol

You don't HAVE to tamp your coffee, you don't even have to put coffee in your portafilter, that's your choice. However, I have never seen anyone who recommend not compacting your coffee as water will find the easiest route. When not compressed it will just fly through it with minimal extraction and end up with not what i call espresso but under extracted coffee since the contact time between water and coffee is not enough to extract the flavours out.

Anyway, if that's what you like, that's fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who are these uncultured swine? Lol

You don't HAVE to tamp your coffee, you don't even have to put coffee in your portafilter, that's your choice. However, I have never seen anyone who recommend not compacting your coffee as water will find the easiest rout. When not compressed it will just fly through it with minimal extraction and end up with not what i call espresso but under extracted coffee since the contact time between water and coffee is not enough to extract the flavours out.

Anyway, if that's what you like, that's fine.

Indeed, it doesn't work for me either, but I am using a Gaggia Classic at 9 bars with no ability to adjust flow rate, pressure or anything during the brewing process. When I get ahold of a more tailorable machine, I'll certainly be giving it another try.

Man of Honour
A USB-C 3.1 gen 1 cable by Anker (it is absolutely fume bringing researching buying Type-C cables, we have talked about this before, so annoying!) and a WD 5TB USB-C HDD. Makes convenient my backup routine being Type-C and all, and now I can easily backup my phone's internal storage and SD card direct off the phone with it too without going via the PC. Neat.

wd_mypassport_5TB.jpg

Caporegime
Needed a new travel case soAmazon dropped this off today, Tripp Holiday 6 Cabin.

And a trial of a new package product, walnut wood USB case, I think I'm gonna stick with this. Quality is great yet cheaper than my main supplier's version in pine wood.

We use Tripp cases, love them...I do need an overhead one though, which you've just reminded me about.

Got a similar USB package for our wedding back in 16, really like it so what you've got is a thumbs up

Back
Top Bottom