Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
Man of Honour
Hi guys, do you see any point in installing Google Fit, as well as Samsung Health?

As far I can see, Samsung Health is far better, and I can use HealthSync on my phone to sync from Samsung Health to Google Fit and Fitbit if I want to.

Cheers,
Mal

Soldato
Not being funny but those official watch straps are way overpriced. its the same for apple watch straps also. just as good quality are available at half that cost. I suppose its the brand tax.

I'd never buy an official myself , just fitted a nice 20mm leather strap to mine the joy of same day Amazon delivery

Definitely a better fit with less gap at the wrist it just needs to soften up a bit like my old 22mm straps

Associate
#StillWaiting ... This is like being at a restaurant and seeing everyone else getting their food and still waiting for yours... Damnit samsung. Doubt i'll hear anything Monday/Tuesday at the earliest now!!

Associate
#StillWaiting ... This is like being at a restaurant and seeing everyone else getting their food and still waiting for yours... Damnit samsung. Doubt i'll hear anything Monday/Tuesday at the earliest now!!

As I ordered mine through EE I am not expecting it to be sent out until 26th, As mine is still stating " under the expected delivery date, Waiting for confirmation".

But I did receive a text message from EE saying "your order is still on track".

Associate
Battery life on the 46mm classic isn't the best. Charged to 100% around 3pm yesterday and it's down to 22% now. I know I've been messing around with it more than usual, but damn, I'll be lucky to get 24 hours out of it.

Soldato
That's WearOS for you, battery life when interacting with the watch does get hammered hard.

I charged mine yesterday before setting off on a 2hr drive, it was down to 98% when I got to my destination. I wore it to bed last night to test out the sleep tracking and I woke up to 52% which I was pretty impressed with.

When setting the watch up I went from 60 to 22% pretty quickly. It's why I never understood the need for apps on a watch because the battery just doesn't cope. The best apps tend to be companion apps that do the heavy lifting on the phone, and send information to the watch when needed. For example, getting directions from Komoot.

On the subject of Komoot. Does anyone here use it? A few days ago, I received a pop up when I opened the app on my phone that mentioned an improved WearOS app was coming, but I accidently dismissed the pop up before reading it.

Also looking forward to an improved Spotify app with offline playback because I loved that feature on my GW3 for running without taking your phone.

Man of Honour
That's WearOS for you, battery life when interacting with the watch does get hammered hard.

I charged mine yesterday before setting off on a 2hr drive, it was down to 98% when I got to my destination. I wore it to bed last night to test out the sleep tracking and I woke up to 52% which I was pretty impressed with.

When setting the watch up I went from 60 to 22% pretty quickly. It's why I never understood the need for apps on a watch because the battery just doesn't cope. The best apps tend to be companion apps that do the heavy lifting on the phone, and send information to the watch when needed. For example, getting directions from Komoot.

On the subject of Komoot. Does anyone here use it? A few days ago, I received a pop up when I opened the app on my phone that mentioned an improved WearOS app was coming, but I accidently dismissed the pop up before reading it.

Also looking forward to an improved Spotify app with offline playback because I loved that feature on my GW3 for running without taking your phone.

Wow that's terrible. I went to bed at 95% and woke up at 82%, and that was with snoring detection on, constant heart rate monitoring etc/ I've turned snoring off and set the heart rate to 10 minutes and will see what it's like tonight.

Associate
I have the W4 it was fully charged at 1pm yesterday now it at 54% (10:27am).

I had sleep tracking on, used walk tracking a little, used the snore feature last night. Got AOD set on from 7am today.

I'm using a stock watch face.

Back
Top Bottom