What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
Playing a ludicrous (for me) amount of rec royale in rec room. Prefer squads, but only if I have at least one team mate that's also talking, won a few games without my squad, but it's tough. Solos is fun, but now I've come across people teaming up, it's lost it's appeal.

Associate
Tried DCS earlier today with my Quest 2.
Oculus SS slider @ 1.3, bit rate @ 500mbps in debug tool. All DCS gfx settings at default I was hugely impressed how clear and smooth everything was. Think I’ll buy the F16 add-on

Associate
Tried DCS earlier today with my Quest 2.
Oculus SS slider @ 1.3, bit rate @ 500mbps in debug tool. All DCS gfx settings at default I was hugely impressed how clear and smooth everything was. Think I’ll buy the F16 add-on
Msfs 2020 has spoiled dcs (and all other flight sims) for me. I have the nevada (las vegas) add on for both sims. Msfs just looks so much better, dcs reminds me of minecraft graphics in comparison. Dcs does run a bit smoother and has combat though so yeah.

Soldato
The highlights over the last week (week off)

A rerun through Rez Infinite, Area X all the time.
Visited an old pixel shooter called Xion, still probably the best example of a VR shump.
Car Mechanic 2018 VR, you learn a lot and such a deep game.
IL-2, still no good at it.
Risk of Rain 2, pure fun, MDK/2 VR fun.
Evochron Legacy SE, it's like elite and just as consuming.
Starfighter Infinity, a space toybox mmorpg in VR.
Golf It, mini golf that plays as good as the rest of them.
Dirt Rally 2. Since hooking up the manual shifter i've been smashing it, games a lot more fun when you're in control.
Pistol Whip, new update!
MSFS, flew over my house and took a scenic run around the coast of Spain.

Little bit of AC and stupid amounts of ACC, FSR ftw!!

Soldato
Started playing the new campaign in Pistol Whip. It's really good. Probably the best maps yet for the game. The songs are really good too. The first song brought me right back to Borderlands.

This game keeps on giving and it rates as one of my best buys for VR.

Associate
Started playing the new campaign in Pistol Whip. It's really good. Probably the best maps yet for the game. The songs are really good too. The first song brought me right back to Borderlands.

This game keeps on giving and it rates as one of my best buys for VR.
Really good to hear, going to play through that very soon! It really is a fantastic game and great value for money with all the free updates and maps, incredible stuff

Associate
Playing Skyrim VR with about 130 mods and the game is incredible. The modders on skyrim have done an amazing job improving on just about every aspect of the game.

Soldato
Playing Skyrim VR with about 130 mods and the game is incredible. The modders on skyrim have done an amazing job improving on just about every aspect of the game.

I'm back onto Skyrim VR now I've got my decamove, which makes combat less frustrating as you don't end up reversing direction when in combat, as direction is hip based, not hand based. SkyimVR with mods is amazing - almost like a native VR game, especially now that HiggsVR is out and you have full hand presence.

Soldato
I used the mods from this mod list https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/c...f_a_fundametals_upgrades_and_stuff/?context=3 I’m a complete beginner to modding Skyrim and I was able to get this setup in a couple of hours. Would recommend pretty much every mod on this list.

Any idea of the real minimum system spec necessary to run this properly with the mods please? My aging system (2500K, GTX1080, 8MB RAM) will run regular Skyrim fine, but if the VR version plus mods is a lot more demanding it would be useful to know before I head down that rabbit hole.

Associate
Any idea of the real minimum system spec necessary to run this properly with the mods please? My aging system (2500K, GTX1080, 8MB RAM) will run regular Skyrim fine, but if the VR version plus mods is a lot more demanding it would be useful to know before I head down that rabbit hole.
You could install the mods from the basic list and the gameplay list and skip the visual mods. That shouldn’t tax your system too much more than vanilla.

Soldato
Even on a 3090 I still get slowdown in Skyrim VR with the Ultimate VR essentials modlist, but that's partly because I like playing at 150%ss to make the image sharper. As I have an Index I change the refresh rate to 144hz so it interpolates down to 72 which makes things work better.

Back
Top Bottom