Black Myth: Wukong

Associate
Reminds me on the TV series of the Monkey god I watched as a child.

Original release. 2 October 1978 – 4 May 1980. Saiyūki (西遊記, lit. "Account of the Journey to the West"), also known by its English title Monkey, also commonly referred to as Monkey Magic (the show's title song), is a Japanese television drama based on the 16th century Chinese novel, Journey to the West, by Wu Cheng'en.

The Guy in the game has a Monkey Form, a staff he shrinks and stores in his ear, a flying cloud and can turn himself into an insect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_(TV_series)
As you say this game is based on the 16th century chinese novel Journey to the west which features Sun Wukong(Monkey king) and 3 other key characters.
The novel has inspired a lot of media adaptation like the japanese Saiyuki(1978-1980) and the 1986 chinese adaptation which is the most "faithful" to the novel.
Goku from Dragonball was inspired by Sun wukong and the manga/anime itself was inspired by the novel aswell.

Soldato
Hopefully combat is as good as the visuals. Must say, I really like their use of the Chinese myth. It maintains the mischief and imagination of the source "material", without going too cartoony/goofy.

Associate
Gameplay is very Nioh than anything with the different "stance", special attack gauge and combat speed.
I haven't been excited for a game in a long time but this game got me very excited, hopefully this will allow them to adapt other big chinese fantasy novels.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Some serious frame rate issues in there. Hope it's not a BotW 'visuals over performance' type affair

Associate
Its a demo showcasing their transition to UE5 and using DLSS, it should definitely improve by their next trailer release which could be end of the year or even close to CNY next year again.
Its an exclusive to Epic games so will you be purchasing it? I will be for sure as I am fan of Journey to the West.

Back
Top Bottom