• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5800 XT Temps

Associate
Hi

Just built new system

CPU: Ryzen 5800 XT
Cooler: masterair ma612 stealth
Motherboard : ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition

In Bois ( Latest Bios ) the temps shows me temps around 43
in system , after insallting windows , radeon drive and kaspersky only

Using HWInfo it shows me temps between 36 - 40c in idle
this is CPU(Tdie )
in CPU Die (Average) I get around 33

room temp around 26 c

are these normal temps? cuz i searched the net and i got many different experiences some ppl talk about mid 30s, other say in dile they get the tpms in 20s

Soldato
Hi

Just built new system

CPU: Ryzen 5800 XT
Cooler: masterair ma612 stealth
Motherboard : ASRock B550 TAICHI RAZER Edition

In Bois ( Latest Bios ) the temps shows me temps around 43
in system , after insallting windows , radeon drive and kaspersky only

Using HWInfo it shows me temps between 36 - 40c in idle
this is CPU(Tdie )
in CPU Die (Average) I get around 33

room temp around 26 c

are these normal temps? cuz i searched the net and i got many different experiences some ppl talk about mid 30s, other say in dile they get the tpms in 20s

Yes it's normal for Ryzen. They idle higher than intel chips and have higher idle v-core too, but when under stress they drop the v-core. Nothing to be worried about as that's how they work.

Associate
OP
Thank you

I was wondering
I used the thermal paste what came with the cooler , which is " Cooler Master Mastergel Pro"

is it gonna help if I changed it with " Grizzly " ?

Associate
Those temps are fine/good. Idle temps with the 5000 chips fluctuate a lot more than Intel in my short experience with them, going between mid 30's to mid 40's when small operations run in the background.

As humbug says better paste will only improve temps by 2-3°c in most cases.

Associate
I'm having a nightmare with cpu's at the moment. Got a 3950x and thought it was too hot for my system, so swapped for a 5800xt, and this thing is burning up. Not sure if it's to do with proximity to gpu, might try a smaller one. Of if I had a bad installation, maybe I'll try to reseat the cpu again. Must buy even more thermal paste.

I plan to have it on a waterloop system, can anyone let me know if its worth keeping.

Soldato
No need to worry them temps are good for a 5800.

Mine hits 90c under load with cine bench but i know, i need better cooling. They are hot cpu's thats for sure.:p

Associate
My 5600x was also going to like 92-93c in Cinebench and too high to keep it going in Prime95. First off I got a Sythe Fuma 2 cooler going from Wraith Prism which improved temps by roughly 6-12c depending on the workload. Then I used the PDO2 curve optimizer and set the negative voltage offset to 20 at first and worked my way up to 30 which was perfectly stable for me and temp wouldn't go over 84c in Prime95 anymore. Then I got myself the best Airflow case I've seen in Reviews Lian Li Lancool II Mesh and MX-5 thermal paste 3x 120mm Front intake, 2x 120mm bottom intake, 1x 120mm rear exhaust and 2x 140mm top exhaust.
And I reached at best like 33c in idle and would sit at like 70c in Prime95. Now I've also overclocked it from 4650 to 4850 but it's only stable when I set the negative offset to 25 instead of 30. With the Overclock Prime95 stops at like 78c which is perfectly fine! I would only worry about temps if you go beyond 85c anyway.

Soldato
I'm having a nightmare with cpu's at the moment. Got a 3950x and thought it was too hot for my system, so swapped for a 5800xt, and this thing is burning up. Not sure if it's to do with proximity to gpu, might try a smaller one. Of if I had a bad installation, maybe I'll try to reseat the cpu again. Must buy even more thermal paste.

I plan to have it on a waterloop system, can anyone let me know if its worth keeping.

What case and fan setup have you got?

Also setting up PBO could help.

Permabanned
No need to worry them temps are good for a 5800.

Mine hits 90c under load with cine bench but i know, i need better cooling. They are hot cpu's thats for sure.:p

The high temperatures are very disturbing. You know you are at the absolute limit and a little bit more dust could potentially kill your poor CPU.

I think in this case AMD's greed (for higher margins and lower quality product) to offer a single chiplet in hellish 105 watts is the cause of all your troubles and worries.

Associate
The high temperatures are very disturbing. You know you are at the absolute limit and a little bit more dust could potentially kill your poor CPU.

I think in this case AMD's greed (for higher margins and lower quality product) to offer a single chiplet in hellish 105 watts is the cause of all your troubles and worries.
The problem is pretty simple with these CPUs, they have such small surface area that they are limited by the amount of heat they can transfer to the heat spreader, the 5900 doesn't have this problem, just the 5600 and 5800.

Associate

More sensationalist nonsense and misinformation.

The failure rate on 5000 series is lower than 3000 series.

The 105w through 1 chiplet is the exact reason I chose 8 cores over 12 this time and it's been rock solid stable from day 1. That is with +150mhz all core.

It runs hotter than my 3900x did, but hitting 70 degrees on benchmarking software isn't remotely concerning.

Permabanned

Are you trolling?

Offtopic.

The 105w through 1 chiplet is the exact reason I chose 8 cores over 12 this time and it's been rock solid stable from day 1. That is with +150mhz all core.

It runs hotter than my 3900x did, but hitting 70 degrees on benchmarking software isn't remotely concerning.

Most people report 90°C+, not 70..
And the Ryzen 9 5900X is 40% faster, so you left exactly 40% performance on the table.

Ryzen 7 5800X is a mistake by AMD driven by its greed.

It should have released a 45-65-watt Ryzen 7 5800 instead, and a 85-watt Ryzen 7 5800X.

But bad engineering decisions are part of its function.

Associate

Isn't it exactly the other way around that 5600 and 5800 have 1 chiplet where as 5900 has 2??

Associate
Are you trolling?

Offtopic.

Most people report 90°C+, not 70..
And the Ryzen 9 5900X is 40% faster, so you left exactly 40% performance on the table.

Ryzen 7 5800X is a mistake by AMD driven by its greed.

It should have released a 45-65-watt Ryzen 7 5800 instead, and a 85-watt Ryzen 7 5800X.

But bad engineering decisions are part of its function.

Nope, I'm not trolling, I'm merely correcting your statement regarding a little more dust may kill the chip. Like I said, sensationalist nonsense and misinformation. I'm fairly certain that the system will shut down long before the CPU heats up to a level it will detonate :rolleyes:. Again, the failure rates on 5000 series are lower than 3000, so hardly an engineering failure, more a comprehension failure on your part.

The Ryzen 5900x isn't 40% faster gaming, which is all my PC does and I would imagine that goes for most people that buy them, so the comparison is irrelevant. The temperatures of these chips are fairly easy to contain with a decent cooler, even adding 150-200mhz. I can't imagine the majority of people buying them opt for budget cooling, but they would throttle, not explode.

Associate
Yes the 5900x has 2 chiplets but there's 6 cores in each chiplet. Surely it's easier to radiate heat from a 6 core chiplet than an 8 core chiplet.
Well that's exactly what I'm saying. It was in reference to this here:
Which doesn't make sense to me exactly because of that reason.

Associate
Just to clarify, I know the 5600x and 5800x have 1 chiplet and that's why I went with a 5800x. 8 strong cores with 105w available (well, 142w in reality) for what is primarily a gaming PC, vs 6 strong cores and 6 weaker cores sharing that 105w.

At the time of purchase I wasn't sure how well a 5900x coped with a negative offset and adding 150-200mhz. Also wanted a guaranteed 8 strong performing cores instead of 6. For a gaming rig it made far more sense (at least to me! Lol). Yes, they run hotter than 2 chiplets sharing the same power envelope, but running decent cooling it's not a difficult to cool.

Associate
Just to clarify, I know the 5600x and 5800x have 1 chiplet and that's why I went with a 5800x. 8 strong cores with 105w available (well, 142w in reality) for what is primarily a gaming PC, vs 6 strong cores and 6 weaker cores sharing that 105w.

At the time of purchase I wasn't sure how well a 5900x coped with a negative offset and adding 150-200mhz. Also wanted a guaranteed 8 strong performing cores instead of 6. For a gaming rig it made far more sense (at least to me! Lol).
Fair enough, makes sense!
Especially if temp are not much of a concern.

Back
Top Bottom