LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
I see you got one in the end then? I decided to keep mine and loving it. Took a while to get used to the size coming from ultrawide but the screen is something else.

Yes I did mate only because I got an email shortly after talking to you which overed me 9 months interest free credit on my credit card, so I went for it, glad you're keeping it, I think it's amazing, such a great TV/monitor!!

Associate
Evening all, quick question if anyone of you kind folk could answer, i tempted to buy one of these Lg oled either the 48 or the 55" versions, only thing that is putting me
off at the moment is, i only have a Msi 1080ti Gaming x gpu, and i am really unsure if the card would be up to it.
Any thoughts ?
Many thanks

Associate
I would go for it. The TV is so good you have to get one. I have owned plenty of fast gaming monitors in the past and this blows them away. The colours, blacks, and response time surpassed anything I have seen. Okay you only have a 1080 but you can easily play in 2k and it still looks good because this TV really scales well. You could always upgrade the graphics in the future. And you also have the benefit of this being a TV. I am talking about the 48" C1 not the CX but I'm sure they are pretty much the same. The size does take time to get used to.

Last edited:
Associate
Evening all, quick question if anyone of you kind folk could answer, i tempted to buy one of these Lg oled either the 48 or the 55" versions, only thing that is putting me
off at the moment is, i only have a Msi 1080ti Gaming x gpu, and i am really unsure if the card would be up to it.
Any thoughts ?
Many thanks
The upscaling on TV's is usually far superior to ones on monitors so should be okay to run games at lower resolutions if necessary.

Associate
Any thoughts ? Many thanks

I game on my 55CX OLED nearly a year now with a 1080TI set @120hz - 4.2.0 @4K you will be fine playing games in SDR/HDR and you don't have to set the TV to 2K on your GPU, you can upgrade your GPU in the far near future when your ready:D

Associate
Whenever 42" OLED tv's are released, it would be probably an insta-buy. I don't mind 48" but we're heading to September soon and then just 3 months left and there we go. 42" OLED also means a higher ppi. OLED deserves a higher ppi! I have my desk ready and set.

Soldato
Oooh, might have to see if work will get the 42" next year. Would make a good second TV for my office.

I don't mind 48" but we're heading to September soon and then just 3 months left and there we go.
CES is January to showcase new products but release would typically be March or April and a little while to get stock distributed.

Associate
Oooh, might have to see if work will get the 42" next year. Would make a good second TV for my office.

CES is January to showcase new products but release would typically be March or April and a little while to get stock distributed.
Yeah, the 48C1 was released in March this year and I indeed expect it to be released in March next year lol. I don't mind waiting and like Vincent said: good things are worth waiting for.

Associate
I would go for it. The TV is so good you have to get one. I have owned plenty of fast gaming monitors in the past and this blows them away. The colours, blacks, and response time surpassed anything I have seen. Okay you only have a 1080 but you can easily play in 2k and it still looks good because this TV really scales well. You could always upgrade the graphics in the future. And you also have the benefit of this being a TV. I am talking about the 48" C1 not the CX but I'm sure they are pretty much the same. The size does take time to get used to.

Thanks for the reply, yes you are correct, can always get a new Gpu further down the line.

I game on my 55CX OLED nearly a year now with a 1080TI set @120hz - 4.2.0 @4K you will be fine playing games in SDR/HDR and you don't have to set the TV to 2K on your GPU, you can upgrade your GPU in the far near future when your ready:D

That sounds great, thanks for that at least i know the 1080ti will be ok.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Hopefully JL or Currys doesn't do some stupid promo where they get exclusive stock on the 42" OLED, for months on end.

And hopefully its using any new tech found on 2022 series panels, hopefully all Evo panels + heatsinks and brighter OLED panels and any new tech.

Next Spring/Summer will be fun, but would love to see the 31" OLED also coming in 2022.

Associate
Are you able to enable G-Sync with the 1080Ti and OLED out of curiosity?

How long have you been around computers to ask that question! Everyone knows the 1080TI didn't have G-sync, but I still can have 120hz @4k on my GPU and OLED:p Like I said - I rather have the best OLED monitor on the market than have a powerful GPU for only 1080p LCD gaming!

That sounds great, thanks for that at least i know the 1080ti will be ok.

The CX/C1 is only HDMI 2.1/2.0 no DP port

All you have to do is set the TV to PC mode in Nvidia control panel 120hz - 4.2.0, @4K 8bit also turn the OLED light to 40/50 on the TV settings I have mine @35 and Brightness 40 the choice is yours but I gaming in a low light room, the blacks are ink black in games also movies and the IQ is at it's best on the market no LCD/LED monitor can beat it's IQ the C1 is the new model 2021 next April it will be the C2 it changes every year to a new model with small upgrades:)

Tip is to mix your content between games and streaming. leave all the Anti-burn in features turn on and turn on HDMI Ultra HD Deep colour on the TV settings also logo luminance to = High Auto power off I have mine set to 6hours you can turn it off your choice, I only use my OLED 12hours a day but thats me:)

Last edited:
Soldato
How long have you been around computers to ask that question! Everyone knows the 1080TI didn't have G-sync, but I still can have 120hz @4k on my GPU and OLED:p Like I said - I rather have the best OLED monitor on the market than have a powerful GPU for only 1080p LCD gaming!

The CX/C1 is only HDMI 2.1/2.0 no DP port

All you have to do is set the TV to PC mode in Nvidia control panel 120hz - 4.2.0, @4K 8bit also turn the OLED light to 40/50 on the TV settings I have mine @35 and Brightness 40 the choice is yours but I gaming in a low light room, the blacks are ink black in games also movies and the IQ is at it's best on the market no LCD/LED monitor can beat it's IQ the C1 is the new model 2021 next April it will be the C2 it changes every year to a new model with small upgrades:)

Tip is to mix your content between games and streaming. leave all the Anti-burn in features turn on and turn on HDMI Ultra HD Deep colour on the TV settings also logo luminance to = High Auto power off I have mine set to 6hours you can turn it off your choice, I only use my OLED 12hours a day but thats me:)

Well the 1080Ti does have G-sync, heck PG348Q I am typing this on with the 1080Ti has G-sync working for years, how long you been around computers ;) What it may not have is G-Sync compatibility / or have forum VRR caveats with OLED's hence the question :)

Would try to check myself, alas my 1080Ti build is watercooled with external rads means cannot move it to where my OLED / 3090 rig is is otherwise would love to see myself.

Back
Top Bottom