What is your "tea failure rate"?

Soldato
I keep forgetting cups of tea I'm making, so much so I think the failure rate might be so high that it's not even worth buying tea anymore.

There are all sorts of reasons for failure. My main ones, with their failure rate are:

1. Leave it to brew, walk off, forgot it. ~25%
2. Made it out of habit and didn't even want it. ~10%
3. Set it down to cool, forgot it. ~5%
4. Biscuit collapse. ~1%

So my total tea failure rate is about 41%.

What's yours?

Soldato
Too much milk is my main error and you cant seem to be able to correct it by just adding more water or putting the teabag back.
Once its ruined it is never the same it seems.

Soldato
If you get to walk around a military base you will sometimes come across a mug which someone has put down and forgotten about. It's funny coming across one sitting on a wall or stump in the middle of a wooded area which has clearly been there for months. Seems to be the most common mistake :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Trying to limit how much I drink whilst working from home. Managed to get it down to 2 cups in the morning only.

I have one of them one cup kettle things so it boils one cup of water and dispenses it when ready. I generally find a cold cup of stewed tea with the bag still in it.

Soldato
This thread is really sorting the men from the boys and I'm adding a few names to my pint list :D

Close to zero failure rate - I like my tea as stewed as possible but ideally still hot.

Over milked? Dropped a biscuit? Let it go tepid? Stop making excuses, down it and go to the kettle to make a better try.

Girlfriend doesn't like it very strong, so I do have to play some games getting hers right without having mine anaemic.

Soldato
Small, probably less than 10% its always because I made a pot and got distracted and wandered off and forgot about it. It doesn't happen very often (far too wasteful of good tea)

1,2 and 3 can all be fixed by bunging it in the microwave when the opportunity arises.

Come at me bros!

Its ok if its tepid or still slightly warm once its stone cold its too far gone! Also the milk goes funny caramalizes or something if its left on too long. Biscuit collapse never! Just carry on drinking it!

Back
Top Bottom