Afghanistan - 20 years on

Soldato
He is not popular with many heads of state or former heads of state right now that is for sure - had to laugh at Trump calling him incompetent and Blair indirectly calling him an imbecile and several higher up people in organisations like NATO and the likes have said some very uncomplimentary things.

It seems to me he's not pulling the strings and is just a front for whoever is really in charge, like I said the other day he's nothing but a glorified script reader and he even struggles with that at times but like us with Boris, he's the leader the voters deserve because ultimately it's them who chose him

Caporegime
It seems to me he's not pulling the strings and is just a front for whoever is really in charge, like I said the other day he's nothing but a glorified script reader and he even struggles with that at times but like us with Boris, he's the leader the voters deserve because ultimately it's them who chose him

Not really, unless you think in the uk people should vote for their individual representative based on who the leader of the party is.

Something that can be changed by the party at will

Soldato
If the Afghans really wanted to destroy the Taliban they should have given more information and assistance to the Amerucans and allies twenty years ago. As it is they have had a twenty year holiday from the depredations and depravity but it cannot go on for ever.

Soldato
The Americans are being told not to go to the Airport, that they are safe from the taliban and they will be alowed to leave safely later. American troops aren't sallying out like the UK team to retrieve people either. They (USA) have made one trip to a hotel 200m from the airport

They are worried of an ISIS attack on the airport crowds.

I think that's what he is referring too it was on the BBC last night

I read somewhere that US embassy staff have been sent out to get people outside.

Caporegime

Jesus christ, like blood from a stone with you lot.

Any more context?

There was something weird about the way us soldiers put their weapons away?

Some interesting videos on FUNKER530 of the chaos at the airport and the way weapons were just stowed then the soldiers left - something weird went on there not like they fled from fighting or just abandoned their posts they literally stowed their weapons and equipment in a fairly orderly manner then left.

Isn't this what we'd expect them to be doing

Soldato
Jesus christ, like blood from a stone with you lot.

Any more context?

There was something weird about the way us soldiers put their weapons away?
I don't have any more context, nor do I think it was that weird. The video is kinda stupid, saying it's unguarded, but then the camera pans around to show several people that look like they are guarding it.

It's Afghan kit though, whether it was ANA or some other security, but not US/UK military.

Associate
Yeah this news didn't really come as a surprise to me unfortunately. Has installing a democracy ever worked by invasion of a country before? Give me a list. What was the plan? what was the exit strategy? Ministry of Defence right, not Ministry of War? I think they rebranded about 100 years ago.

The news will move on, it eventually does. Wasn't it immigrates on boats a few months ago? Did that stop happening or just stop being reported? when news becomes olds we move on to the next thing that interests us.

Caporegime
If the Afghans really wanted to destroy the Taliban they should have given more information and assistance to the Amerucans and allies twenty years ago. As it is they have had a twenty year holiday from the depredations and depravity but it cannot go on for ever.

What help would that have been when the Taliban we're hiding out in Pakistan under the protection of ISI?

Caporegime
Yeah this news didn't really come as a surprise to me unfortunately. Has installing a democracy ever worked by invasion of a country before? Give me a list. What was the plan? what was the exit strategy? Ministry of Defence right, not Ministry of War? I think they rebranded about 100 years ago.

The news will move on, it eventually does. Wasn't it immigrates on boats a few months ago? Did that stop happening or just stop being reported? when news becomes olds we move on to the next thing that interests us.

Worked in Germany but that occupation lasted from 1945 till 1990

Associate
This is modern warfare now. We won. But the enemy brought the front lines to a pop concert gig or coffee shop or London bus or bridge. Asymmetric warfare. But we won hearts and minds and got all the WMDs so mission accomplished.

I think governments around the world just have armies that need to feel ready and what better training than a random country to invade for [insert reason] so they can be ready for anything else around the corner.

Soldato
Wrong.

Binden took away the money from Op Med (CCR) .
Trump-era Crisis Response Bureau that would've helped plan a swift evacuation from Kabul after lessons from Benghazi.

Biden took the money away a few months ago so they was powerless to help.
This is all on Biden and calamity harris.

According to Biden this is not going on.
No-one likes people that work with outsiders to undermine from within. Leftists should take note.

V F

V F

Soldato

No, it was still Covid. It sometimes made a bit of news but Covid was still dominating until this hit.

Caporegime
This is modern warfare now. We won. But the enemy brought the front lines to a pop concert gig or coffee shop or London bus or bridge. Asymmetric warfare. But we won hearts and minds and got all the WMDs so mission accomplished.

I think governments around the world just have armies that need to feel ready and what better training than a random country to invade for [insert reason] so they can be ready for anything else around the corner.
You can almost guarantee that there are African countries worse than Afghanistan is right now but the media doesn't bother reporting on them, Afghanistan will probably slowly become a distant forgotten memory too.
Somalia remember that place? black hawk down? so many decades ago right?

Ongoing armed conflict, insecurity, lack of state protection, and recurring humanitarian crises exposed Somali civilians to serious abuse. There are an estimated 2.6 million internally displaced people (IDPs), many living unassisted and vulnerable to abuse.

They still got huge problems.... and terrorist groups.

google says theres 50 US special operations personnel still in the country even

we never hear about it why? because western news is extremely biased, seems a CIA officer was killed in somalia last year and over the last few years various international soldiers dead or wounded.

Soldato
Probably helps when the country had already experienced democracy from 1919-1933 and has a fairly well-defined national identity.
Exactly, do the Afghans even want democracy or do they want Shariah law and don't want to be poisoned by "foreign ideals" that go against their culture.

To them, the Taliban are the people that got rid of the invaders.

Back
Top Bottom