Just gave blood again, do you?

Associate
They don't want my blood... Factor V Leiden runs in our family meaning blood clots very quickly and easily. Can't even fly without risk of clotting so take aspirin before every flight and have to move around as much as possible.

Soldato
I've finally got the "check veins" taken off my donor record.

Every time they asked "Did we have trouble finding a vein last time?".
"No".
"Oh, we'll have a look then"
*nothing wrong with my veins.

The enthusiastic young chap has deleted it now.

Also, DO NOT try the new isotonic drink they offer, it's gopping.

Man of Honour
Went again last week after about a 2 year break - shame they aren't doing the hot drinks at the moment in ours due to covid :( also got really jabbed this time, hurt for a couple of days but gone now so time to book in for next time.

Associate
I'm looking forward to donating againas I got banned for a year in December for really low iron and diagnosed anemic.

I'm o- but also neo rr which means my blood goes to newborns as I'm cmv-negative which I feel privileged and obligated to help with

Associate
Went again last week after about a 2 year break - shame they aren't doing the hot drinks at the moment in ours due to covid :( also got really jabbed this time, hurt for a couple of days but gone now so time to book in for next time.

Plasma and platelet donations get hot drinks! Demand satisfaction!

Soldato
Can't donate plasma anymore. They've closed the donor centre in Bristol, and there are only a few in the country now, so they want to make me a whole blood donor instead. I agreed, and it's been 2 months of silence.

Man of Honour
Off to my 7th blood dono next Sunday, gonna give them a pint of the purest unvaxxed O+ on the planet :) .

I'm O+! Long live the positive universals!

Problem I'm facing at the is all the appointments for my local place are always months away and by the time the appointment comes around they often cancel it or move the venue.

I get bombarded by emails and texts saying they need my donations but I can never find reasonable appointments. I've given a dozen times but I've gone from 5x per year to about 2x just because of appointment management and it aligning with my own schedule.

Soldato
Thats a ton, well done you've saved more then a few lives, surely. My dad gave blood over several decades, I think he had one of the universal types. They gave him an award in the end and he met one of the guys who survived the Falkland war Simon Weston, he was barred from further donation by age and health at that point. My blood would add too many complications to be kept for any operation apparently, so my count is zero on this barring some emergency I guess; on balance all donors are owed a free pint tbh, of beer i mean :p

Back
Top Bottom