Cheapest way to get Office365 (legit)?

Commissario
What's the cheapest and best way to get a subscription to Office365 (or whatever it's called) these days for home use?

Only really need Outlook, Excel and Word.

Caporegime
It's £44 at the moment on Amazon, is that a good deal? I don't particularly want to share with random others.

That's an OK price, about the going rate. It's the single user version.

If you're not in a rush you can usually get the 6 user version for the same amount which is great to share with family.

Soldato
Soldato
Cheapest option i can think of is if you have access to the Microsoft Home Use programme through your employer. My employer is currently listing the Office 365 Personal (1 year) subscription for 30% off making it £41.99.
They've a page to check your work eligibility here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/home-use-program/eligibility-check

I have access to this and they gve very little discount these days. IN fact the single user licence on Amazon works out cheaper than the HUP price. UNless thats just the discount my organisation gets

Soldato
I have access to this and they gve very little discount these days. IN fact the single user licence on Amazon works out cheaper than the HUP price. UNless thats just the discount my organisation gets
Yeah, like malachi says above, you could previously get full versions for around £10. Think i got full Office 2007 back in 2008 or 2009 this way. But recently managed to get a full Pro Plus 2019 USB installer from sanaxe1 on the MM, so using that now myself.

Associate
Not that it would help you anymore, but if you know of anyone who are students (school/college/uni) then you could use their student/uni account to download a copy.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Not that it would help you anymore, but if you know of anyone who are students (school/college/uni) then you could use their student/uni account to download a copy.

Was about to add this, get a student to obtain license or subscribe under a student. I think its free but in the past have purchased with an edu mail even if it was for a set period of time.

Associate
Was about to add this, get a student to obtain license or subscribe under a student. I think its free but in the past have purchased with an edu mail even if it was for a set period of time.
Normally free for as long as you are student. I was doing a part time course and received a free copy (5x installs) so had it running on two of our pc's.

Commissario
OP
No students here and as I said in my first post, the main reasons for wanting it were for Outlook, Excel and Word.

As it happens, the limited Outlook functionality under macOS means it doesn't do what I want anyway so it was a wasted purchase really.

Back
Top Bottom