What have you done to your car today?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Passenger front window on the Kia has been put through by some mutant, so tomorrow gets to be Happy Fun Times With The Insurance Phoneline.

'Woo'.

:mad::rolleyes:

There wasn't even anything in the car ffs, just my music USB stick in the socket which they didn't take. Managed to weather-proof it for the night, all the while marvelling at how mis-named safety glass is. Now sat thinking dark and ugly thoughts :(

Associate
Cheers @ShiWarrior.

Honest to God though, how hard do some companies make this?? Was looking at the cost of doing it outside of insurance so went to the Autoglass site to see if they'd have a price. Nope, you've got to book the whole job before they'll quote you :rolleyes:

If it's not brand new would there be glass available on ebay or similar from a breakers yard? Might be the cheaper route to resolving the issue!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
There's also the fact that I'm named on three other cars for insurance that I don't want the policy price going up on. And I don't know what a glass claim that's rather more than a windscreen chip does to that!

Soldato
If I can get glass for ~£50 and spend two hours of my life swearing at a door I'll consider it worth it to remove any chance of insurance going up :cool:

I did this on my Jag when it was broken into years ago. Wasn’t that hard a job - worse part was getting rid of all the tiny bits of glass that had fallen inside the door.

Soldato
all depends what your compulsory excess is (not voluntary)
mines 0
but my Voluntary is like £200

Aye but surely then your premium will go up for 5 years as you're making a claim. Even if it goes up by a minimal amount it's still likely to be more than the £50 a used bit of glass costs over the 5 years anyway so if up for the task of DIY, that's definitely the way to go.

Falls under windscreen cover so no effects on renewal prices etc

But then there is that. Although I've got 2 windscreen claims declared on mine, it's definitely upped it a bit but it isn't substantial.

Back
Top Bottom