• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I found an OCUK scalper...

Soldato
The only thread you've posted in the MM since 2017 is a one in November 2020, for a spare 5600x that you were trying to shift at a price obviously above the price you paid. Your exact words were:

While I have nothing against you personally - and am completely down with people taking advantage of demand vs supply - the OcUK MM is not the place for it and this is made really quite clear in the rules. It's noteworthy that this is the first time you've mentioned it you've never raised this in Forum Content Discussion or with anyone in the mod team. Your ban will remain indefinitely until you open a dialogue with the mod team.

I have contacted a mod twice to try and rectify the issue as instructed a while back. Also the recent ban was for a RTX 2060 I bought listed under the price I paid - I forgot about the CPU that one if it was over the price is my bad. I'm not here to argue just defending my position. I love the forum and you will run it as you see fit I'm not trying to cause trouble.

Man of Honour
I have contacted a mod twice to try and rectify the issue as instructed a while back. Also the recent ban was for a RTX 2060 I bought listed under the price I paid - I forgot about the CPU that one if it was over the price is my bad. I'm not here to argue just defending my position. I love the forum and you will run it as you see fit I'm not trying to cause trouble.
Can't find any sign of that 2060 thread but fair enough! Sometimes our contact info isn't great, the best way to get in touch with us is by posting in FCD https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/community/forum-content-discussion.164/. It's a private section where users can only see their own threads, but mods can see everything.

Caporegime
So it's OK for retailers (ocuk included) to take the right beep out of customers by maximising profits with grossly overpriced products but when someone buys one and wants to sell it for profit that's a problem?? The double standards in this is hilarious.

All scalpers, gross profiteering is disgusting, OCUK included in that. If someone is stupid enough to buy at grossly over inflated prices from a retailer then that's on the idiotic buyer. As wrong as it is, it cant be OK for retailers to do it but frowned upon when Joe public does it.
It's not even slightly hypocritical to point out that one thing is worse than another.

If scalpers and retailers were charging the same price, you'd still get more value from the retailer. And less risk.

Associate
Hey guys, found a guy on a well know social platform selling gpus at around +50% inflated ocuk prices in my area.
Guy was stupid enough to post pics with OcUK tape all over the boxes

Has 3060's for £550
3060ti for £650

So... Question is, do I name and shame? Not usually a grass but scalpers are scum

They can do what they want once they have bought it. If people want to spend silly money its up to them.

Back
Top Bottom