[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
I was about say the same as Phil. You've found it now though. Yeah, really nicely done Cyclone. :) I think that's London Bridge isn't it?

Thanks. This was taken from the Millennium Bridge with Southwark Bridge, London Bridge and Tower Bridge in the distance.

It's not as good as I hoped for though. With people walking across to St Paul's and back, the Millennium Bridge vibrates like a gooden making the camera shake.

Or it could be me not knowing how to do it properly :)

Soldato
Thanks. This was taken from the Millennium Bridge with Southwark Bridge, London Bridge and Tower Bridge in the distance.

It's not as good as I hoped for though. With people walking across to St Paul's and back, the Millennium Bridge vibrates like a gooden making the camera shake.

Or it could be me not knowing how to do it properly :)

Ah yes, of course, that's Southwark Bridge. Yeah, Millennium Bridge does shake. I think your photo looks great, can't see any issues with it. By the way, have you been on Millennium Bridge by day recently?
There's some fascinating chewing gum art all over the floor of the bridge. They're tiny but you'll see them when you look close at the ground. :)

https://inspiringcity.com/2014/04/1...of-400-mini-artworks-on-the-millenium-bridge/

Soldato
Ah yes, of course, that's Southwark Bridge. Yeah, Millennium Bridge does shake. I think your photo looks great, can't see any issues with it. By the way, have you been on Millennium Bridge by day recently?
There's some fascinating chewing gum art all over the floor of the bridge. They're tiny but you'll see them when you look close at the ground. :)

https://inspiringcity.com/2014/04/1...of-400-mini-artworks-on-the-millenium-bridge/

That looks really good. I'm thinking of going back next week. I've seen pics of underneath the bridge looking towards St Paul's that I'd like to try, so Ill have a look at the chewing gum art while I'm there.

Soldato
That looks really good. I'm thinking of going back next week. I've seen pics of underneath the bridge looking towards St Paul's that I'd like to try, so Ill have a look at the chewing gum art while I'm there.

Yep, worth a look. It's amazing the time some people put into their work, must have taken months to do all those :)

I did a night exposure under the bridge looking towards St Pauls. If you're interested it's post #2594 on page 130. Also, here's three others from the Millennium Bridge, but more in my street photography creative mode. :p None posed btw.

Words
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Taking In The View
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Bridge Man
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Soldato
I did a night exposure under the bridge looking towards St Pauls. If you're interested it's post #2594 on page 130. Also, here's three others from the Millennium Bridge, but more in my street photography creative mode. :p None posed btw.

That is a lovely picture, as are the others!! I saw a similar 'under bridge' pic the other day and that will be my next mission, weather permitting.

Soldato
That is a lovely picture, as are the others!! I saw a similar 'under bridge' pic the other day and that will be my next mission, weather permitting.

Thanks buddy. I look forward to seeing your under the bridge photo. :)

I did an ND filter shot in May just off Lambeth Bridge. First time I'd used it, it's a Haida Slim Pro 10 stop. Can't decide if I prefer the colour or black and white version.

View from Albert Embankment, London
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

View from Albert Embankment, London
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Soldato
So many lovely shots from London here - thought I would share one of my own:

dJyIsd5.jpg

Soldato
Black and White one for me.

I was up in Shetland for the first time last week for work, but had a hire car and a little free time so got a look around a couple of nearby spots on Sunday.

Eshaness Cliffs in the Evening
by J R

Burn of Lunklet, Small Waterfall
by J R, on Flickr

Beautiful. I like the creamy looking white swirls you've got on the water in both pics.

So many lovely shots from London here - thought I would share one of my own:

dJyIsd5.jpg

Very nice geometric photo and colours. Not sure if I recognise the structure. Is it outside a train station like Kings Cross?

Soldato
Very nice geometric photo and colours. Not sure if I recognise the structure. Is it outside a train station like Kings Cross?

Thank you very much indeed Merlin - this is the roof inside Kings Cross which I believe is intended to be both futuristic and nostalgic at the same time. Just below this (out of shot) is platfrom 9¾ ;)

Here's another image from our recent trip to the city showing the fantastic array of architecture that is on offer:

Nwjy7VF.jpg

And yes, we climbed the steps all the way to the top for a birds eye view :)

Back
Top Bottom