Titles to pick up for the PS5!!

Associate
Since I've picked up the ps5 I've played Plagues Tale and currently playing some Bloodborne via playstion plus.

The only game I've bought is Ratchet and clank Rifts Apart.

Anybody got any recommendations regarding best titles to pick up for the PS5?

I've been thinking Ghost of Tsushima? Also Assassins Creed Vahala.

Soldato
Valhalla is good but a bit of a slog to get through. As mentioned above both Demon's Souls and Returnal are very good though quite hard. Miles Morales and the Spider-Man Remaster are both fantastic.

Some games from the previous gen have had visual and performance upgrades. Off the top of my head FFVII Remake, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, TLoU2, The Division 2 and Days Gone. All are well worth playing if you missed them on the PS4. There are more but those are the ones I can think of just now.

Caporegime
Demon Soul's is on my to buy list but I refuse to buy anything at the "next gen" price points (£50+), they would have to be huge titles for me to even consider it. Watch Dogs Legion is great value.

Associate
Don't forget the PS plus collection (it's in the ps plus section of the store).

Should be something there to entertain you - I believe they're all PS pro enhanced, and most of the Sony games have additional ps5 enhancements.

Soldato
Control was a decent PS5 version, and that was free, also No Mans Sky upgrade is good if you like that sort'a thing. But my fav so far are non-ps5 titles like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima that i never played previously. I'm not really into many of those highly marketed PS5 titles, I'm basically just waiting for BF2042.

Soldato
Anybody got any recommendations regarding best titles to pick up for the PS5?

I thought Death Stranding was a memorable experience, mostly relaxing with a few heart attacks thrown in, especially on a big telly.

A Shooter? Division 2 with all DLC, hands down.

God Of War is pretty incredible, puts many PC titles to shame even though it was a PS4 game.

I am playing through Persona 5 one hour at a time and whilst it’s mad as a box of frogs, it’s pretty relaxing. Production values are through the roof.

Assassins Creed Odyssey I would play before Valhalla tbh.

Caporegime
Horizon Zero Dawn if you've not played it, then you'll be ready for Forbidden West. :D

Resident Evil 2 and 3 can be picked up cheap as well.

Associate
OP
Demon Soul's is on my to buy list but I refuse to buy anything at the "next gen" price points (£50+), they would have to be huge titles for me to even consider it. Watch Dogs Legion is great value.

I know what you mean about the prices. There big money. I suppose if you stick to what you know are the decent titles and what you know ull get the money out of they are decent.

Ratchet and clank isn't a long game but the graphics are brilliant and you can see why it's a premium game.

I surpose if you want to experience the best there is to offer at the moment uve got to pay the big money.

I like the look of both demon souls and ghosts of tsushima so I mite go for one of those.

Associate
OP
I thought Death Stranding was a memorable experience, mostly relaxing with a few heart attacks thrown in, especially on a big telly.

A Shooter? Division 2 with all DLC, hands down.

God Of War is pretty incredible, puts many PC titles to shame even though it was a PS4 game.

I am playing through Persona 5 one hour at a time and whilst it’s mad as a box of frogs, it’s pretty relaxing. Production values are through the roof.

Assassins Creed Odyssey I would play before Valhalla tbh.

Yeah I've already played odyssey on pc, great game. That's why I thought Valhalla would be the next to go into.

Caporegime
I know what you mean about the prices. There big money. I suppose if you stick to what you know are the decent titles and what you know ull get the money out of they are decent.

The thing is with stuff like Returnal the extra money they make from the rip off price is probably offset by only half as many people purchasing it, I'm certainly not going to take risks on new franchises at £50+ and I suspect a lot of others are in the same boat. It's like my local football team instead of trying to attract more fans they just keep increasing ticket prices to milk the hardcore fans and don't seem to care that the stands are gradually getting emptier.

It seems a bit narrow sighted to me.

Associate
OP
The thing is with stuff like Returnal the extra money they make from the rip off price is probably offset by only half as many people purchasing it, I'm certainly not going to take risks on new franchises at £50+ and I suspect a lot of others are in the same boat. It's like my local football team instead of trying to attract more fans they just keep increasing ticket prices to milk the hardcore fans and don't seem to care that the stands are gradually getting emptier.

It seems a bit narrow sighted to me.

Yeah I completely agree with you. The new games have definitely crept up in price over the years. 40 odd pound is enough for me for any game. When your talking 60-70 pound its mad.

I don't think Vahala is actually priced to bad from what I have seen. I didn't buy a ps4 so there's a pretty big catalogue there of things to get stuck into.

At the same time it is tempting to fork out the money for something like a demon souls or ghosts of tsushima to see what the ps5 can do.

Is tsushima on ps5 just a better looking version of the game that came out on the ps4 then?

Associate
I would recommend demon souls, returnal, hades, valhalla, fenyx. I got lucky second hand and got division 2 for £2 it runs at 60fps on ps5.

Also if you like assasins creed then odyssey is getting a ps5 patch this week.

Permabanned
Demon souls, Spiderman and ,I did not think I would enjoy it anywhere near what I do, Sackboy. Myself and my little girl have been having an absolute ball playing 2 player on it.

I would look at God of War and Horizon as well now both have a good 4k/HDR update behind them.

I really want Ghosts of Tsushina but £70 is just mental.

Soldato
Days gone, without a doubt first 10 hours or so is a bit slow, but after that it's soooo good. The first open world game I've played where I've not fast traveled as riding the bike is a lot of fun.

Soldato
Days gone, without a doubt first 10 hours or so is a bit slow, but after that it's soooo good. The first open world game I've played where I've not fast traveled as riding the bike is a lot of fun.

Probably my fav out of the collection. I have now finished it 3 times. After you have finished it a couple of times i found riding the bike in some areas to be a bind, such as the crater lake area. I even have one of my few platinum's on this game, its great fun and being out in the wilderness in storms or when its snowing hiding in bushes from zombies is great.

I was actually pleased to find out recently that some of the locations are actually real.

Back
Top Bottom