The Chaos Engine
Cannon Fodder
Lemmings
Speedball 2
Barbarian II (interestingly has Wolf from Gladiators on the box art!) :p
Arnie 2
Cool Spot
James Pond

You are the 1st person I have ever seen mention wolf on the box art before Maria Whittaker (I have to admit to having the poster on my wall as a kid ;) ) (which I guess is the point of your smiley)

Soldato
You are the 1st person I have ever seen mention wolf on the box art before Maria Whittaker (I have to admit to having the poster on my wall as a kid ;) ) (which I guess is the point of your smiley)

I was only a nipper and oblivious to women really. Wolf was way cooler to me. I grew into appreciating Maria later on though!

Soldato
Honestly I always thought sonic, the game it was trying to ape was over rated as well. Mario was far better (and for that we had great giana sisters).... (and terrys big adventure)

Last edited:
Associate
Only other WW1 flight sim I remember on the Amiga was Knights of the sky

Both that and wings were great. I bought a 512k upgrade for my A500 purely for wings and dungeon master.

That was it, was a very good game, remember playing it for ages one summer.

Also anyone remember Zeewolf. Think it was one of the later Amiga games, the FPS on it was awful but a fun game.

Associate
Coming from a Spectrum I remember the first thing I loaded was Space Ace as the gfx looked so mega far removed from what I'd had before - played it (I think using some guide in a reviews mag as it was 'left, left, up right' kind of you had to do it exactly right. And never again. Graphics aren't everything!

Associate
So many to choose from.
ST boy myself, but spent enough time at mates' houses using Amigas.

Microprose Grand Prix
F19 Stealth Fighter
F29 Retaliator
Elite (ok, available on every platform, but Amiga is the version I know)
StarRay
Turrican 2
Speedball 2
Xenon 2

And I'll stop there as this list could go on for days.

Associate
F/A-18 Interceptor. Spent a lot of time on that even though I was complete poo at it (I was pretty young as it was one of the first games I played IIRC, or that's my excuse anyway). Preferred the F-16 sims that I mentioned earlier.

Soldato
F/A-18 Interceptor. Spent a lot of time on that even though I was complete poo at it (I was pretty young as it was one of the first games I played IIRC, or that's my excuse anyway). Preferred the F-16 sims that I mentioned earlier.
If you had the 1 meg upgrade you got a (pretty cool for the time) theme tune. Am almost sure you only got it if you had 1mb.

It was very topgun

Associate
So many to choose from.
ST boy myself, but spent enough time at mates' houses using Amigas.

Microprose Grand Prix
F19 Stealth Fighter
F29 Retaliator
Elite (ok, available on every platform, but Amiga is the version I know)
StarRay
Turrican 2
Speedball 2
Xenon 2

And I'll stop there as this list could go on for days.
I had an Atari ST for a couple of years before moving on to an Amiga 1200. The ST gets panned as being **** compared to the Amiga but I absolutely loved it - yes it wasn't quite as good as the Amiga but it was an incredible gaming machine in it's own right.

Soldato
I had an Atari ST for a couple of years before moving on to an Amiga 1200. The ST gets panned as being **** compared to the Amiga but I absolutely loved it - yes it wasn't quite as good as the Amiga but it was an incredible gaming machine in it's own right.
For vector based games it had a slightly faster processor.

Associate

At the time I got it (1988, iirc...), the Amiga was £100 dearer than the ST. That made a big difference back then!

Absolutely loved it, warts 'n' all. Gutted I don't still have it.

Back
Top Bottom